Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fanta

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
I am running an iPhone 12 Mini and ever since i upgraded to 18.0 i keep getting random full crashes / hard reboots of the phone, no matter if i am using it, what app i am using and event when its just sitting locked on the table (happens 5-15 times a day in total).

The screen will freeze for a few seconds, then go black, then reboot into the lockscreen. After that reboot, WiFi and Bluetooth are disabled. When i reset the "network settings", wifi and bluetooth will work for some time - until the next crash... Then i can do this all over again.

I have tried the most recent beta, but no help.

I am seeing panic-logs in the settings app, but i am not technically knowledged enough to interpred those.

Does anybody have any tips, before fully restoring etc?

jackoliver

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2024
United Kingdom
It sounds like a frustrating issue. You could try performing a factory reset after backing up your data, as it might resolve software conflicts. If that doesn't help, contacting Apple Support for further diagnostics could be the best option.

Reactions: _Mitchan1999

one more

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
If you have access to a Mac, you could first try installing an IPSW file over your existing installation (Update, not Restore) and if this does not help - restoring it with your computer, bringing it to the latest stable public release.

fanta

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
I have downloaded the IPSW for the current beta.
Will restoring via itunes/finder really allow me to update the current installation with the same version while keeping my data? Im just familiar with using it to restore to a stock ipsw and then maybe apply my data from a backup. I'd of course like to keep all my data and setup.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.