Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IfChris_ThenThat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2020
I have been loving my iPhone 12, but I have noticed that the phone is running a different interface than my partners iPhone 11 (6.1in). The 11 got the "Plus" or "Max" Interface where you get a side menu in apps like Messages, Calendar and Mail. On my 12 Pro I dont get these, instead I get the interface that was on the X (and I assume all 5.8" devices). I dont really care, but it seems odd. Anyone else experiencing this and think its odd?

I dint get why apple would change it. they had it working on the 11 with the same size screen and even lower resolution. Do people think they might take it away on the 12Pro Max? Do people care about this feature?

Photo below for people who arent aware of what I am talking about

Also. P.S. to mods, if this is the wrong section, please feel free to move this thread as you see fit :)

Attachments

• 5c2576071811218b00b363ec2e2dadd0.jpg
    5c2576071811218b00b363ec2e2dadd0.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 213

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have been loving my iPhone 12, but I have noticed that the phone is running a different interface than my partners iPhone 11 (6.1in). The 11 got the "Plus" or "Max" Interface where you get a side menu in apps like Messages, Calendar and Mail. On my 12 Pro I dont get these, instead I get the interface that was on the X (and I assume all 5.8" devices). I dont really care, but it seems odd. Anyone else experiencing this and think its odd?

I dint get why apple would change it. they had it working on the 11 with the same size screen and even lower resolution. Do people think they might take it away on the 12Pro Max? Do people care about this feature?

Photo below for people who arent aware of what I am talking about

Also. P.S. to mods, if this is the wrong section, please feel free to move this thread as you see fit :)

Reactions: IfChris_ThenThat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.