Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ravni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2021
Hi everyone

i’ve used a black 12 64gb for the past few months becoz i found a great deal for it (700 euros for a brand new phone) at the time.

But now, my 64 gb are full and i need to upgrade to a 128gb model.

i could wait for the 13 series, but i’m never gonna buy them when they’ll be released becoz as always, they’ll be too expensive compared to the old series.
I could also wait for a price drop for the 12s, but i think i can already get a nice deal: 600 euros for a new 128gb 12 but red color only (i use a thin black case so i think I don’t care about the color) or 825 for a 128gb 12ProMax in pacific blue.
(Retails priced right now are 849 euros for the 12 and around 1200 for the 12PM)

i’ve tested the 12PM for a few hours back at the launch time, i thought it was too big and heavy (and i’m someone who had love my xs max so much)

So anyone made that move, from 12 to 12PM? What are your thoughts ? Should i keep my regular sized 12 or go bigger?

thanks

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
While I haven't made that move, the difference in size and weight between those two phones is substantial.
Everyone has different preferences for phones. Some people think the Max iPhones are too big and heavy while others love that phone and wouldn't have anything else. The only way you can know for sure which phone is best for you — is play with each one. It'll be pretty obvious pretty quickly which one will be the winner - for you.

Reactions: Isamilis

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I have the 12 Pro and find it perfect for one handed use.
My wife has the 12 Pro Max and she uses both hands which she loves the larger screen - I tried to use her's but it's too large for me.

Ethrem

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2009
Pro Max is certainly heavy and it isn’t very pocketable (well I wear cargo jeans so it fits with plenty of room with those deep pockets but if I put it in my shorts, it sticks out the top) but the massive screen is amazing and I would struggle to use anything smaller honestly. I have pretty big hands though so that’s something to think about too.

mebehere

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2012
Just my opinion. Get the red 128 12 if you have to have it now (and if the deal is only for now). Otherwise, wait to see what the 13 is.

But, if you have the funds for and want a gigantic phone, get the 12 Max.

In other words, make a decision.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Just my opinion. Get the red 128 12 if you have to have it now (and if the deal is only for now). Otherwise, wait to see what the 13 is.

But, if you have the funds for and want a gigantic phone, get the 12 Max.

In other words, make a decision.
Agree. Buy now the 12 red and if you have funds later, exchange with 13.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Thinking about 13 pro max but I’ve seen a bunch of warnings about the (12) pro max similar to yours. Did you switch from max to pro?
yes i did switch from Pro Max, felt was too big to carry places... as a guy, just having pockets

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
yes i did switch from Pro Max, felt was too big to carry places... as a guy, just having pockets
Thanks, would you say it was noticeably bigger than the xs max (if you had that one)? I had that and felt it was pretty big but manageable.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2012

I find myself literally putting my keys around a belt loop to save pocket space the iPhone takes up the whole pocket.

Either I'm a raging fat boy or I need to lighten my load, I'm admiring those models who clothes fight them so well.

Reactions: kp98077

Ravni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2021
Thanks everyone

i think i m gonna go for the 12 regular, amost everyone who has the 12PM find it too large and heavy…

Yary

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2021
As I am getting older, screen of the max iphone seems perfect for my eyes. I had loved my xr, then i liked my 11 pro, but now I love 12 pro max even more then xr. I think it is the best fitting me smartphone I have ever had. So... the age is one of the factors when you make the decision...

lewchenko

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2004
I’ve got the 11 Pro Max and whilst the screen size is nice , the weight of this thing is just too much. Especially with a case.
Holding in one hand for periods of time makes my little finger (that typically always ends up underneath the phone) ache.

It’s a beast , and the 12 Pro Max is a tad heavier (not much but still!)

Probably because of the metal chassis. I’ve lifted some Androids with big screens and are amazed at how light they feel.

If getting another iPhone I would probably step down to a regular Pro or 12 / 13. I used to have an XS (non max) and that was fine.

Plus cheaper too !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.