Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jokerz126

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
I have seen people mentioning touch responsiveness issues with the 12 mini. I just got the T-mobile 12 pro max and seem to be having touch responsiveness issues. I’m trying to figure out if it’s software related or hardware related. Definitely have seen it in the Gmail app and a couple other apps. The more I think about it the more I feel like there’s some sort of latency with touches being registered with the display. Has anyone else with the 12 promax been seeing or experience this?

Lsmachado

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2018
Texas
I have seen people mentioning touch responsiveness issues with the 12 mini. I just got the T-mobile 12 pro max and seem to be having touch responsiveness issues. I’m trying to figure out if it’s software related or hardware related. Definitely have seen it in the Gmail app and a couple other apps. The more I think about it the more I feel like there’s some sort of latency with touches being registered with the display. Has anyone else with the 12 promax been seeing or experience this?
No issues with my pro Max.

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
Do you have a screen protector?

Reactions: CVUSA

jokerz126

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Gonna try and get a replacement. I’ve never experienced this on any phone I’ve had. What’s going to be the smoothest and fastest way to get a replacement? T-mobile support or Apple directly?

Billyboy167

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2020
I‘m doing express replacement with apple..$30 charge which seems silly but it looks like the easiest way to get a replacement at this point..
Same issue with it feeling sluggish. I’m using the official leather case and no screen protector. Also I transferred my data phone to phone from my iPhone 11 Pro Max if that makes a difference. Keep us updated if the replacement fixed the issue.

jokerz126

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Same issue with it feeling sluggish. I’m using the official leather case and no screen protector. Also I transferred my data phone to phone from my iPhone 11 Pro Max if that makes a difference. Keep us updated if the replacement fixed the issue.
Will do! I did a total clean install this time. So there should be no junk carried over. No screen protector here either. Got it in a Ringke X Fusion case. Feels warm in back center of the phone. Will keep you guys posted!

dbrose

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2011
Both mine and my wife’s feel like sometimes key presses and movements don’t register. Which is why I’ve found this thread. Hopefully software related

jokerz126

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Just wondering if anyone having this issue could also post the iOS version. Turns out I hadn’t updated to 14.2 yet.... testing now and seems a bit better. I read some descriptions of 14.1 mentioning “UI lag” issues

UKapple73

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
No, if anything I’ve found my 12pm display to be very sensitive to touches, perhaps more so than my 11pm like they’ve increased the frequency or something

cableguy84

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2015
I’ve had touch issues, but it’s related to how I’m holding the phone.
Coming from an XR I’m not used to the thinner bezels.
When i hold the phone with my left hand sometimes my thumb is subtly making contact with the screen, affecting how the screen reacts to me touching the screen with my other hand.
After adjusting how i hold the phone it seems ok

Reactions: KennethS

Billyboy167

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2020
Just wondering if anyone having this issue could also post the iOS version. Turns out I hadn’t updated to 14.2 yet.... testing now and seems a bit better. I read some descriptions of 14.1 mentioning “UI lag” issues
I was always on 14.2

NoGood4077

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2020
Mini 128GB. Slide to unlock the guns every time and without any problems (with hybrid glass and Spigen Liguid Air case). One of the two - the flashlight or the camera works the first time. However, when I turn on the flashlight, I cannot turn on the camera anymore. And vice versa. The index finger works normally and every time. Definitely a softwear problem. I think I can say - phew!

Mdlcan36

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2021
Yes I’m having the same issues. I have to do multiple taps to get the screen to respond at times and sometimes even have the keyboard type random characters while I’m typing messages. I’ve done everything with apple on support like reset and reboot, factory resets, cleaned screen, removed screen protector and the phone case. It’s been so bad at times that I literally can’t do anything. I’ve taken the phone in and they replaced the phone completely and the new one is still doing it. I can’t remember he update number but sometime in February of 2021 I believe it has been doing this now. The iPhone 12 is an expensive paperweight. And they aren’t doing anything to fix it.

shenfrey

macrumors 68030
May 23, 2010
I have been having a similar issue, touch screen sometimes not responding to my touch. Once I even had to reset my phone. This is either a software problem, or most likely a hardware problem with certain handsets.

Reactions: BigPotatoLobbyist
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.