Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daisy Smith

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2015
I used my iPhone XR almost 2 years.
Could anyone tell me what would be the biggest changes of iPhone 12? Since my battery is below 80%, which one would be of better cost performance, iPhone 11 or iPhone 12?

A mind map of apple products rumors: https://gitmind.com/app/doc/c68712447
Apple Event 2020 Fall (4).jpg

imp3rator

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2019
We know all about size and numbers of cameras - but nothing about "special features".

But you can get - Better dual cameras, portrait mode, better battery life, OLED display, smaller bezels.
Possible features - landscape faceID, NightMode or OIS on Ultra-Wide, Video improvements (more FPS, better Slo-mo, better portrait mode, 128GB base model...)

Daisy Smith

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2015
We know all about size and numbers of cameras - but nothing about "special features".

But you can get - Better dual cameras, portrait mode, better battery life, OLED display, smaller bezels.
Possible features - landscape faceID, NightMode or OIS on Ultra-Wide, Video improvements (more FPS, better Slo-mo, better portrait mode, 128GB base model...)
ummm I think I should wait and see what'new on iPhone 12 as well.
Apple always brings us surprise.

Six0Four

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2020
Too early to tell. Until it's released all the 12 specs are just rumors.

one more

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Well, compared to XR, from what we already know, you will get:

iPhone 11 - dual cameras with night mode, an excellent LCD screen, 4G, U1 ultra-wideband chip (will come handy if/when AirTags are out), less expensive than 12.

iPhone 12 (non-Pro) - same or better cameras than both XR and 11, an OLED screen (which has its pluses & minuses), 5G (also its pluses & minuses), possibly slightly smaller body than XR/11, more expensive.

This is what we can expect right now, but will know more during the announcement.

imp3rator

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2019
iPhone 11 with price drop will be better selling iPhone than XR was. Super battery life, ultra-wide, 4GB RAM, night mode... Difference between 12 and 11 will be smaller than 11 and XR...

Reactions: Daisy Smith

bergedse

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2020
Gothenburg, Sweden
A better form factor might do it for me.

As an XR owner I have been really pleased with the device for the two years that I’ve had it. With that being said, I’m really interested in what the iPhone 12 will bring, and might upgrade if the rumored features are actually there.

I really like the screen size of the XR, but sometimes the device itself feels just a little bit too big and chunky, especially when using it with one hand. With a rumored OLED display with really thin bezels on the iPhone 12, I would love it if the 6,1” version gave me the same screen size as my XR, but on a device that is actually a few millimeters narrower. For me, I think that would make quite a difference.

EDIT: I know this might not be the biggest change, but surely an underrated one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daisy Smith

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
The biggest difference for you will be a smaller sized phone and a much better camera. I went from X to 11 Pro and the cameras are sooo much better, especially indoors and in the evening. And the 12 will have a 6.1" screen just like your XR, but in a smaller body.

Daisy Smith

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2015
A better form factor might do it for me.

As an XR owner I have been really pleased with the device for the two years that I’ve had it. With that being said, I’m really interested in what the iPhone 12 will bring, and might upgrade if the rumored features are actually there.

I really like the screen size of the XR, but sometimes the device itself feels just a little bit too big and chunky, especially when using it with one hand. With a rumored OLED display with really thin bezels on the iPhone 12, I would love it if the 6,1” version gave me the same screen size as my XR, but on a device that is actually a few millimeters narrower. For me, I think that would make quite a difference.

EDIT: I know this might not be the biggest change, but surely an underrated one.
I am pretty happy with the screen size of XR, though it's bigger than my iPhone 6.
I just could not believe that I did enjoy mobile games on iPhone 6 before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.