Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marta997

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 6, 2023
I just bought iPhone 13 and I have been using it for two days. This is my first Apple device, so I am not very familiar with the functionality of this devices. But I heard all the best, especially regarding battery endurance and camera quality. I am satisfied with the camera, even if it's not so much of a difference between this one and my last Samsung phone. But the battery is a big question. For these two days, I was charging three times, and the battery lasts like 12-15 hours including time I am working and not using the phone. Last night when I went to bed it was on 60% and when I woke up today it was like 52%?? This has happened before only with really old devices. Also yesterday, the phone heated up a lot just because I was using app for food delivery and the phone was working so slowly that I couldn't type a number for delivery. I don't know if is this normal, but I never experienced something similar with a brand-new device.

Splitrail

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2021
Some say that new phones go through an initial process of a sort of "break-in", and that there may be several days of what you describe.
Also, in settings > battery > scroll down to "battery usage by app" and "activity" to see if there are particular apps that are excessively consuming battery power.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.