Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big_Zbig

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2022
Hi everyone! Now, this might sound a bit nitpicky, but is anyone else's iPhone camera flash also misaligned/not perfectly vertical? I couldn't find any more instances of this issue online. I've had this iPhone for a bit more than a month but it's been like this since day one.

IMG_2487.JPG
IMG_2490.JPG

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
I'm sure it has something to do with the space for other components. Too bad, it's ugly as sin. This will be one of many corrections in the upcoming iPhone 14c.

Big_Zbig

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2022
Now, just to make sure we're on the same page, I'm specifically referring to the flash itself being off axis and not the camera position change in comparison to the previous iPhone models.
image.png

I'm sure it has something to do with the space for other components. Too bad, it's ugly as sin. This will be one of many corrections in the upcoming iPhone 14c.

powerbook911

macrumors 601
Mar 15, 2005
I see what you're talking about. I went and looked at my 13 mini I just picked up Friday as an extra phone.

Mine is slightly tilted too, so I think you're safe not to worry about it. It's very hard to see.

If you made some monstrous fuss and got it replaced, you'd likely still be unhappy (as it might be the same) and there could be something worse.

Your phone looks phenomenal, I really wouldn't worry about it. They may all be like this. I picked up midnight, I might should have chosen your color!

Reactions: DeepIn2U

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I don't see why you would even care about something so trivial. Calling it a defect is also far fetched. It absolutely won't hinder the performance of the flash and unless you're worried someone you're taking a picture of is going to point it out (highly doubtful) I really don't see an issue here.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
I don't see why you would even care about something so trivial. Calling it a defect is also far fetched. It absolutely won't hinder the performance of the flash and unless you're worried someone you're taking a picture of is going to point it out (highly doubtful) I really don't see an issue here.

It’s normal, it doesn’t hinder the performance and is not a defect. Took me a while to figure out what the OP was on about because it’s hard to imagine having the crippling level of OCD required to notice such a thing on a phone.

Saturn007

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2010
Ah, don't pile on and insult the well-meaning concerned original poster!

You don't have to have “crippling OCD” to notice such things — and be concerned about whether you might have gotten a “lemon“ or a somewhat off phone — somewhat worrisome, especially after spending huge amounts of money on it.

I could see many people noticing that on their cameras and wondering if it was going to affect the way the room or people were lit up and even produce uneven illumination in the photo itself.

It does look slightly askew. Yet, if the photos come out well — and the flash orientation looks similar on other iPhones then, as you'll mentioned, it's not an issue!

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
Hopefully OP doesn’t buy a Tesla 🤣

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.