Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flamehop12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2021
Hello, I was wondering if any iPhone 13 pro users have noticed a blue tint on the screen. It’s very noticeable when turning the phone to the left and and right side. And even more noticeable when moving it up and down. I was wondering if this is a common issue with the oled screens this year or should I get a replacement?

Reactions: ressac

ressac

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2011
I have same issue but with normal 13, I exchanged two times and still poor viewing angles with blueshift. My previous iphone 12 didn't has this issue, also all models from store doesn't has this issue.

i literally tilt 20 degrees and upper side of screen goes bluish, i don't think it's ok for 13 since all reviews saying that this year model has perfect viewing angles

flamehop12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2021
I have same issue but with normal 13, I exchanged two times and still poor viewing angles with blueshift. My previous iphone 12 didn't has this issue, also all models from store doesn't has this issue.

i literally tilt 20 degrees and upper side of screen goes bluish, i don't think it's ok for 13 since all reviews saying that this year model has perfect viewing angles
Yes I have the same issue. About 10 degrees and the screen is blueish. Even looking at normally has a bit of a bluish look. I have a photo. The one on the left is my new iPhone 13 pro and the one on the right is my old 13 pro.

Attachments

• 1D32F234-8800-4EC1-8ADE-6BD5377691A9.jpeg
    1D32F234-8800-4EC1-8ADE-6BD5377691A9.jpeg
    356.6 KB · Views: 411

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Well, it is happening to me as well.

I recently purchased an iPhone 13 mini, and when I'm looking from the front is mostly ok (although the upper side and the bottom side are cooler than the mid region). When I tilt it I can see the shifting from warmer white to cooler white.

I compare it to all my LCD IPS devices and this is the first device where I suffer it. I guess it is Pentile's fault, those greenish OLED screens are maybe improved nowadays, but it's still something there.

I plan on returning it and getting another one, this time in another color, hoping to have more luck. Because if this is a pane-lottery, I want to win the price: Having a perfect screen. I think we all deserve it.

By the way... Is it there a way to look up the screen model? I've read something on the forum about it, but now I can't find the thread.

ressac

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2011
Well, it is happening to me as well.

I recently purchased an iPhone 13 mini, and when I'm looking from the front is mostly ok (although the upper side and the bottom side are cooler than the mid region). When I tilt it I can see the shifting from warmer white to cooler white.

I compare it to all my LCD IPS devices and this is the first device where I suffer it. I guess it is Pentile's fault, those greenish OLED screens are maybe improved nowadays, but it's still something there.

I plan on returning it and getting another one, this time in another color, hoping to have more luck. Because if this is a pane-lottery, I want to win the price: Having a perfect screen. I think we all deserve it.

By the way... Is it there a way to look up the screen model? I've read something on the forum about it, but now I can't find the thread.

i had through three replacement with few weeks between(two midnights and one starlight), same color shift.

also went to few stores, and what a surprise, just in one store i found iphones with color shift, it was iphone 13 pro max.

it's not suppose to be this way, i owned a lot of phones with oled screens, like oneplus 8, xiaomi 9t, nexus 6, oppo and none of them had that color shift

ressac

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2011
there is more threads about this topic

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.