Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polliwog

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
I got my iPhone on release day from the initial preorder. It’s never been physically damaged, opened, altered, or exposed to liquid. Ever since Monday this alert on the login screen appeared and isn’t able to be dismissed. I did a full restore as a new iPhone through the Finder App in my M1 Mac Mini and even before setting it up completely the message reappeared. Anyone else have this trouble?

Attachments

• 866EB996-BB28-45C5-BBA8-A5D0C8EEE7AF.png
    866EB996-BB28-45C5-BBA8-A5D0C8EEE7AF.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 577

polliwog

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
I’m in a super rural part of the country. The nearest apple store is at least ten hours away each way in the Denver area. I’ve called support they suggest I do the phone replacement where I pay for a new iPhone and they ship me one with a return box and when they get my problematic phone back and look it over they reverse the charge. Seems the lack of response to this thread means it’s a very uncommon issue.

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
I’m in a super rural part of the country. The nearest apple store is at least ten hours away each way in the Denver area. I’ve called support they suggest I do the phone replacement where I pay for a new iPhone and they ship me one with a return box and when they get my problematic phone back and look it over they reverse the charge. Seems the lack of response to this thread means it’s a very uncommon issue.
That’s definitely not a common issue. I would get the express replacement as they are offering

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.