Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which color will you get?

• Matte Black

Votes: 43 64.2%
  • Sunset Gold

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Silver

Votes: 7 10.4%

• Total voters

Cthomas4596

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2020
There’s a rumor saying that iphone 13 pro max will have matte black, silver, sunset gold, and rose gold. If it’s true which color do you get?

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2015
ahh yes, color rumors...we'll see if they're true.

I'm not getting a 13 or 13 pro. however, if I did, it would be in black.

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
If the Sunset Gold is more of an orangey colour then it'll be that. If not - then Silver it is!

Last edited:

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
First time I ever got a color besides silver or space gray was with my current 11 Pro Max. I went for the Midnight Green. I'd go for that again, or perhaps a blue if the shade is right. Otherwise its matte black for me.

KOTN91

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2017
I’m loving the rumours of the orange standard 12S. Trouble is the upgrades are looking extremely thin on the ground for the non pro phones this year, even more so than in lean cycles such as 6 -> 6S and XR -> 11

SmugMaverick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
UK
They're all matte backs so I think it'll be called space black like the watch.

as for the Sunset colour, it has to be quite dark as it's replacing pacific Blue which replaced midnight Green but I COULD BE TEMPTED.

Rose Gold replacing Gold is fine if it's not too pink.

We always have 2 light and 2 dark Pro models since the 11 Pro, bye bye graphite and Pacific Blue which were too similar in person.

If its like this concept, then I might have to get it over the Black which I'd planned to get since it was revealed black was returning.

Attachments

• IMG_1816.JPG
    IMG_1816.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 1,456

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021

as for the Sunset colour, it has to be quite dark as it's replacing pacific Blue which replaced midnight Green but I COULD BE TEMPTED.

We always have 2 light and 2 dark Pro models since the 11 Pro, bye bye graphite and Pacific Blue which were too similar in person.

If its like this concept, then I might have to get it over the Black which I'd planned to get since it was revealed black was returning.
That Sunset Gold in that concept looks very nice. I'm really hoping it's dark like you say

robvalentine

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2014
I really wish they rolled the pacific Blue over... that was nice... Otherwise I'll have to get the black one, as Gold looks tacky IMHO, and 2 gold ones this year? Really? For the Bronzy gold one the glass shade in the post 2 above looks terrible from that angle...

MarioPhone96

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2017
New York

I always liked Apple’s rose gold color on their iPhones, though it was a little too pink for “rose gold”. The tone you depicted in the mock-up looks more accurate and I’d insta-buy a 13 Pro with that color. If it’s still on the pink side I’ll buy it but I’d love love love if they tone down the pink and bring out the copper undertones.

rainafterthesun

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
I like yellow and orange.

But they're all black on the front, right? So who cares?
I was just gonna say aren’t most people here ones that will end up with a case anyways.

I don’t have a case and don’t plan on one ever… so I do like the color for myself. I still have the green bc I don’t love the side chrome. Somehow it’s more shiny or because its flat vs curve it’s just more… obvious then the 11. I love my green, and it’s the first year I didn’t upgrade (hardcore from 3 to 11, would get every model including the S.)

so I’m really hoping the orange is a burnt/dark orange, autumn ish.. and the side chrome will blend with the back.

Jemani

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2012
I wish Apple would bring back the Moonlight green. It was my favorite. I could care less for Rose Gold or Sunset Gold or Juicy Silver or whatever. Though my yellow of my XR was amazingly cool. I could go for that.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
The only thing to get me to upgrade, is if Rose Gold come back. Otherwise I’ll be keeping my Pacific Blue Pro Max for another year.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
Why can’t they just bring back the Pacific Blue for the 13 Pro….. absolutely perfect spot on colour they had for the 12 Pro (Which i didn’t want to upgrade to because I already had 11 Pro)

Sunset Gold sounds boring. I’d actually rather then even take the 11 Pro’s Midnight Green for a spin if they ever brought that one back for the new phones

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.