Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

therealMasa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2021
I pre-ordered both phones as I knew I would be in two minds which one to get. I love white phones, and this gen Apple has delivered with both the "Silver" Pro version and the "Starlight" vanilla.

To be honest, I prefer the form factor of the 13, the aluminium edges, and the Apple icon doesn't disappear like it does on the Pro model.

The key advantage of the Pro Max is the 120hz screen, which is a game-changer for iPhone. And of course the battery boost is nothing to sneeze at (even though the vanilla models have good longevity)

If I settle for the 13, then I'm just choosing another 60hz iPhone. If it had a high-refresh screen (even 90hz) this would be a no-brainer. But I think the 120hz on the Pro Max is too good to turn down.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Devyn89

jjamesv

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2007
You’re choosing between the 13 and the 13 Pro Max? Why is the 13 Pro not on the mix?

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2016
Go for the Pro Max, you'll enjoy the extra screen real estate. I can't go back to a smaller phone ever again. My eyesight isn't what it used to be.

Reactions: therealMasa
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.