Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevsurf

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2014
Hello guys,

I don’t know if this was posted before. I am in the fence of upgrading my iPhone 11 to a 13.
I want to have the different form factor, better battery life and the oled display.
I was just wondering if my reasons for the upgrade are noticeable in everyday life.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

PeteBurgh

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2014
I would say 11 to 13 is a nice but fairly modest upgrade. Useful round up here.

Basically, an accumulation of small to small-medium sized improvements (new design, better displays, 5G, Magsafe, marginally improved cameras, better storage options). Whether these add up to being worthwhile upgrade depend on your usage and your budget.

Personally, 5G is irrelevant where I live, yet I really find MagSafe a really nice feature. I'm sure for others the opposite is true.

Kevsurf

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2014
Thanks for your reply. What about battery life? I’m sort of a heavy user. In the beginning the 11 ok but now, battery degraded and it doesn’t last a whole day anymore…battery ist one of my most concerns.

PeteBurgh

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2014
The battery sizes are almost identical, so like-for-like they are pretty similar, though obviously a new battery is better than an older one. Beyond that, I don't think you can really glean much from other people's subjective experiences of battery life (though that hasn't stopped thousands of posts on here doing just that!). It's just so dependent on how you use it.

In my everyday life at home, work or in the car, there's always a charger nearby. And when I go hiking I throw a battery pack in my rucksack just to be safe. So I never really give battery life a second thought, but I understand that for others it's critical.

Reactions: Kevsurf

orev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2015
Apple always targets a certain number of hours for battery life, so if they increase the battery size they would probably use more power in the screen, CPU, etc., or if they decrease the battery size it's because they made the rest of the phone more efficient. There's no reason to make a huge brick that can last 48 hours on a battery, since everyone needs to sleep which is the perfect time to charge.

If battery is your main concern on your current phone, you can have that replaced for much cheaper than buying a new phone. It really depends on if you want to spend the money for a new one.

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
Maybe it’s just me but the screen of the 13 looks no better than the supposedly “inferior” LCD on my 11 that I used for 2 years. I frankly can’t tell the difference except the 13 is much warmer (I have to turn off True Tone otherwise it looks like it has a incandescent backlight).

5G is meh, for normal web browsing and streaming video its no different from LTE.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.