Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beluga1000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2022
Hong Kong
There is some sound coming from the camera when I open the camera app(iPhone 14 pro max), and my iPhone 12 Pro Max got this problem too. The sound on my iPhone 14 pro max is slightly louder than the sound on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I wonder is it normal? Is it a flaw or something?

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
Update to the latest version of iOS 16. Having done that a faint click and static “white noise” is normal for these camera modules. You may also get a loud click with specific apps especially those that have not updated to iOS 16.

I tested my phone (14 PM) on popular photography apps (but not social media) and only one gave a loud click/snap (Beastcam). This happened on my 14 PM and 12 PM so it is entirely software related. The loud click/snap did not have any effect on the operation of the camera. Jerry-rig-anything creates the same sound when he gives a camera module power so don’t freak out over that.

The only thing to freak out about is the constant original buzzing and shaking and wavy video that has already been fixed in software updates.

Reactions: Beluga1000
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.