Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2020
hello everyone, the question is simple, iphone 14 pro white or black?
in these days I have searched all over the web for information regarding these two colors with opinions and opinions from other users but unfortunately I have not yet been able to decide on some points that I will now explain to you:
The white iphone has the advantage of having the edges without the final coloring so it does not risk the loss of color and micro-scratches can be removed with the abrasive paste, on the other hand, not having the final color finish it is much more delicate and subject to micro scratches.
The black iphone having colored edges is less prone to micro-scratches but my fear is that with a grain of sand or something else stuck between the mobile phone and the cover it could remove the color
(if I did not have this doubt and fear, choose black without doubts).
in summary I would like to choose one of these two colors and possibly put a skin on both the sides and the back to avoid any problem and I ask you, in addition to the help in choosing the color, if by chance putting these skins there is the danger of removing the color of the iphone (in case you had to choose the black one) in the edges or even behind (in the case of both).
this skin should possibly fit into the cover as I would take off any worries, thanks in advance for your attention.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
If you are going to cover the side and the back with a skin, I personally would not care about what color I would choose. However, if you had to, I would go with the silver model because it doesn't have the PVD coatings and in the event that it scratches, you can easily buff it out, whereas the other colors that has pvd coatings you cannot. I don't think there would be any danger of the coatings being removed but I guess that would depend on what brand you get.

Guity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2020
So.. for me at this point is better to buy iPhone 14 standard with alluminium edge

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
How long are you even keeping the phone. Imho the black looks so good. Very mean looking. I’ll live with specks of scratches over the silver. I’m bored of the silver and white color myself since we have bought while iPhones. I ended up with 14 pro and 14 pro max both black. So nice and mean looking.

Guity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2020
How long are you even keeping the phone. Imho the black looks so good. Very mean looking. I’ll live with specks of scratches over the silver. I’m bored of the silver and white color myself since we have bought while iPhones. I ended up with 14 pro and 14 pro max both black. So nice and mean looking.
Is easy to scratch on the edge or the back side?

Torty

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2013
If I were you I would get the color you like most. put the iphone into a Good case and you will be fine. Taste is individual. I would chose the polar white for the iPhone 14.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Is easy to scratch on the edge or the back side?
Idon’t know honestly. Doesn’t matter to me. I will keep it one or two year and will move on after it. Not like I’m keeping it as an heirloom. I don’t really get the whole keep it pristine crowd when I get rid of phones after one or two years. It’s not a big deal.

Hansana

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2014
b73f757e0195a42e96bdbec47b4749c4.jpg

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Get whichever you like the look of most in-store and in-hand would be my advice.

You can always change your mind within 14 days and return for another colour or a refund as long as it's not damaged etc.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Get whichever you like the look of most in-store and in-hand would be my advice.

You can always change your mind within 14 days and return for another colour or a refund as long as it's not damaged etc.
Well technically right now apple has the extended holiday return so if purchased full price you actually have till 1/8/2023 to initiate the return.

Reactions: RRC

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
I recommend white, black is too ordinary. The white iPhone is really good looking.

Agreed, no contrast with the black. The rear cameras stand out with white. You wouldn't wear black from head to toe. Same with iPhone.

BR4DOKYBrazil

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2018
Londrina - PR / Brazil
I had the same doubt and ended up buying black because the others identified that I have the 14 Pro Max, since black and purple are the exclusive colors of this generation. In fact, it is already difficult to identify the difference, for those who do not understand, since the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Buying the white, it would look like previous generations.

nStyle

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2009
Agreed, no contrast with the black. The rear cameras stand out with white. You wouldn't wear black from head to toe. Same with iPhone.

That’s a “pro” to me….prefer the stealthy look

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
I had the same doubt and ended up buying black because the others identified that I have the 14 Pro Max, since black and purple are the exclusive colors of this generation. In fact, it is already difficult to identify the difference, for those who do not understand, since the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Buying the white, it would look like previous generations.

The people who don’t notice the larger rear camera, dynamic island, or always on display probably won’t know you have iPhone 14 PM. 😆

Not worth choosing a boring color in that case.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Could say the same about white. It’s everywhere too.
The first time I saw the black iPhone 14 pro I thought it was stunning. Enough that I think it was a reason for me to upgrade. The white 14 pro looks like the 13 pro and 12 pro. It doesn’t really stand out to me. I don’t remember a black iPhone that looks this awesome in years imho.

Torty

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2013
Interesting view. So you had the previous gen phones and you want to have something different now? Or is it the "wow" from other people you wanna hear?
I think for most non enthusiast... They can't differentiate between the 3 cam Iphones.

BR4DOKYBrazil

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2018
Londrina - PR / Brazil
Interesting view. So you had the previous gen phones and you want to have something different now? Or is it the "wow" from other people you wanna hear?
I think for most non enthusiast... They can't differentiate between the 3 cam Iphones.
While I had my iP 13 Pro Max Sierra Blue, many friends looked at the color and asked me: It is the iPhone 13 Pro Max, correct?
So, as I didn't like the new purple color, I bought the iP 14 Pro Max Space Black because it is a color, like it or not, new and exclusive to the line, different from the Space Gray color of the iP 13 Pro Max. Even when I look at an iPhone in other people's hands, I identify it by color. Yesterday I saw a person with an iPhone 14 Pro in their hands and I identified it by the camera bump color.

stanza.richi

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
I think that this year space black is gorgeous and the silver is still a classic: hard decision but I think that you can’t go wrong!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.