Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KSsoundman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2022
Perth, Western Australia
Hi,

I'm having a weird camera issue that's seems to be different from the typical shake / vibration issue of the 14 Pro.

When I use the native camera app and move the phone closer to, or away from, an object it blurs and jumps slightly for a second.

I'm not touching the screen at all.

This happen when the iPhone is about 8-10" away from the object. Otherwise the camera is fine.

I performed the 16.0.2 update and no change.

I went to an Apple Store and they exchanged the iPhone.

I set up the new one completely blank, I stalled the 16.0.2 update then tested the camera.

The replacement iPhone does the exact same thing. I've done restarts and resets with no change.

Has anyone experienced this type of camera issue?

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
The phone is literally changing between two different camera lenses, the effect is pretty seamless considering.

KSsoundman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2022
Perth, Western Australia
Thank you all for the responses. It was the camera switching back and forth to the macro lens. I've never experienced this since all our iPhone were pre-iPhone 13 until now. Thanks for your help!

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Thank you all for the responses. It was the camera switching back and forth to the macro lens. I've never experienced this since all our iPhone were pre-iPhone 13 until now. Thanks for your help!

I agree with you. The behaviour is a bit too jerky. With the iPhone 13 Pro it was seamless. I see the jerkiness as well. Hope the next iOS version will fix this.

juezi1993

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2022
I finally come to MacRumor to find the exact description of this issue I also exprience. It is just so annoying when taking photos of a close object and see objects shifting like a ghost randomly.

I am surprised that Apple does not recognize this issue yet. When I talked to a online support agent, he is surprised of what I showed in the screen record, and also refers to replacing the device from my retailer.

That being said: this is EITHER a new common issue among all iPhone 14 pro models and it has not brought to a public attention, OR this is only happening in some devices.

The first case should not be a good deal, as it is more likely an issue of handling the switch between lens in the OS, that can be fixed. Till now I am updated my 14 pm to 16.0.3 and see not fix on this yet.

The second case would be more problematic, as there may be something wrong on hardware/firmware of the lens module. I asked my friend to test on his 14 pro model, and he also expriences it.

I am going to just replace my device while I still can. Hopefully this can be fixed by Apple soon.

Reactions: GeoStructural
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.