Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keano99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2022
When I am in certain applications, mainly shopping apps, I sometimes get these white horizontal lines appearing whilst scrolling up and down. I have attached a video of the issue. I have taken it to Apple and they completely replaced the screen but I am still getting this issue. Has anyone else had this problem?

Chrisjmv

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2016
in that video it seems a bit "stutter" choppy, but no white lines I can see, what did apple say?

Reactions: chabig

Keano99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2022
Thanks for the responses, for some reason on the version of the video I uploaded they aren’t that visible. But I’m my camera roll they appear clearly, I showed the same video to 2 Apple employees and they both concluded it would be a display backlight issue, after changing the display it’s still there. Maybe a software issue? I know iOS 16 has had quite a buggy launch.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Thanks for the responses, for some reason on the version of the video I uploaded they aren’t that visible. But I’m my camera roll they appear clearly, I showed the same video to 2 Apple employees and they both concluded it would be a display backlight issue, after changing the display it’s still there. Maybe a software issue? I know iOS 16 has had quite a buggy launch.
It's an oled screen not a lcd, there is no backlight. Each individual pixil operates independently... As I stated if it's only happening on specific 3rd party apps it's an app issue not hardware.. Contact the developer of the apps effected

Keano99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2022
It's an oled screen not a lcd, there is no backlight. Each individual pixil operates independently... As I stated if it's only happening on specific 3rd party apps it's an app issue not hardware.. Contact the developer of the apps effected
thankyou for your response, appreciate it.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

clamson95

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2016
Chicopee, Ma
When I am in certain applications, mainly shopping apps, I sometimes get these white horizontal lines appearing whilst scrolling up and down. I have attached a video of the issue. I have taken it to Apple and they completely replaced the screen but I am still getting this issue. Has anyone else had this problem?
View attachment 2114516
I came here to say I have this same problem on my 14 pro max when scrolling on Tweetbot and Amazon especially. I’ve noticed anything that interweaves- like this sweater or the sonos speakers I first saw it on is the main thing that throws this off. It’s tons on horizontal white lines. Super annoying on a $1700 phone lol. It’s not visible on my wife’s 13 pro max.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.