Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

no.one

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
Greetings Mac Rumors Community,

Bottom Line Up Front: What kind of camera did (Apple?) use to create this footage for iMovie's counter display films? iPhone 13 Pro or greater? Or some other kind of camera completely.

Long version:

I'm getting (back) into video-filmmaking with my 8-year-old son (he's been stealing my iPhone 11 to make horrible stop-motion films every chance he gets).

So I'm going to intervene and make a little shared hobby with him.

I was at the Apple Store and I plan to buy a Macbook Pro soon, but I noticed the iMovie demonstration at the Apple Store. I actually really liked the quality of how the camera filmed, especially in the low-light film (see pink-lit video).

What kind of camera was used to take this footage? Because if it's an iPhone 13 Pro, I'm going to buy an iPhone 14 Pro as soon as possible.

Something tells me that footage is too good to be an iPhone - BUT I hope I am wrong.

I tried to Google this answer but I couldn't come up with anything. I even went back to the Apple Store to see if somehow that information was built into the example (alas, not that I could find).

Attachments

• tempImageXD0XHg.png
    tempImageXD0XHg.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 364
  • tempImagewdpvYI.png
    tempImagewdpvYI.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 76

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I don’t know if iPhone was used for those specific videos, but there’s no doubt the camera can do some amazing things. Check out this vid:

Reactions: MiloWight

no.one

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
I don’t know if iPhone was used for those specific videos, but there’s no doubt the camera can do some amazing things. Check out this vid:
Hey FreakinEurekan, thanks for this information. I'm sold on the iPhone14 Pro now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.