Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daniel_andradec

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2023

I have a rattling/crackling noise on my iPhone 15 Pro Max earpiece speaker on some sound frequencies. Specially noticeable on higher volumes. I went to an Apple Store and tried out all iPhone 15s and all of them had the exact same issue, as shown on the attached video. The iPhone 14 is maybe a bit less loud, but sound is much much clearer. It’s so annoying for such expensive phones! Does anyone also have this issue?

airtonvfilho

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2020
i just bought an iphone 15 plus and this is happening to me

does anyone knows if it is a hardware or software problem?

GoofyCyborg

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Wales, UK
Does lowering the volume slightly fix the issue? If not then it's likely hardware related but if lower the volume resolves the problem then a firmware update could fix this issue.

airtonvfilho

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2020
Then one would assume that all Apple need to do is cap the max volume at a slightly lower decibel level in a future firmware update and problem solved.

it’s also weird because not all sounds have that crackling

it appears to be something that happens only in certain frequencies (which is why i think there’s not a big number of people talking about that problem, because they didn’t notice it)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.