Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

cc999

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Now that my phone has shipped (and others) you can get the serial number of your device by viewing the invoice on Apple site. Does anyone have a reference to what each character refers to on this years model? Previously you can determin manufacturing site, date manufactured etc...

Any help would be appreciated.

cc

squawk7000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2021
Scotland
Apple switched to a randomised serial number a couple of years ago. As far as I am aware only Apple knows what it means

PieTunes

Contributor
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
Now that my phone has shipped (and others) you can get the serial number of your device by viewing the invoice on Apple site. Does anyone have a reference to what each character refers to on this years model? Previously you can determin manufacturing site, date manufactured etc...

Any help would be appreciated.

cc
Back in mid 2021 Apple started switching to randomized serial numbers that no longer include manufacturing or configuration details.

PieTunes

Contributor
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
So it's not possible to find last batch of iPhone 15 pro max by serial number?
Cause I have problems with screen-frame gaps(lust of paper goes in in diff parts of screen-frame)and front glass goes higher/deeper....in apple store service said it is factory fault and need service/change
No, serial numbers are randomized and you can't determine any configuration or manufacturing information from them anymore.

Reactions: Ilp.23
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.