Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
I didn't order from them but weren't they quoting late September/early October? I was surprised to see someone mention that they caught them for an order change "just before they were about to ship".

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I ordered cases and screen protectors from 4 small brands on Friday. All but Caudabe have sent a shipping notice. None have actually shipped but are boxed and ready to go out Monday with tracking. Possible that Caudabe does the same thing Monday but..

Hope Caudabe is not selling something they don't have :confused:

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I didn't order from them but weren't they quoting late September/early October? I was surprised to see someone mention that they caught them for an order change "just before they were about to ship".
The late September/early October estimate was only for the new Paragon case.

Reactions: HouseofG

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Pulled the trigger on this one. Not cheap but love the design.

Attachments

• IMG_2805.png
    IMG_2805.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 26

crypthick

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2023
For anyone wondering, this is what the spigen ultra hybrid looks like. I like the design, just wish they’d put a cover over the capture button

Attachments

• IMG_5800.jpeg
    IMG_5800.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5798.jpeg
    IMG_5798.jpeg
    347.2 KB · Views: 40

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
Are there any leather wallets that have the same Find My and MagSafe as Apple's did? My Apple MagSafe wallet is wearing out bad and I heard FineWoven isn't pleasant.

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
Yep, I agree. I’m about to swear off clear cases. I ordered a Caudabe sheath, and I’m much more excited about that. I’m hoping Mous lets me return this though.
Mous offered me a replacement, but ignored my demand for a refund. I have mailed them again. I don't need more scratchy cases. I'm just not going to pay 60 EUR for a product I don't trust.

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
Hope Caudabe is not selling something they don't have :confused:
Several of the Caudate cases say they ship in late Sep. or in Oct., whether that's because they sold out of launch supply or aren't ready yet.

And you may know but: Many case makers take orders before the product arrives, as they don't receive official specs from Apple and have to wait for reliable supplier leaks/rumors/CAD files. Very few companies receive information from Apple to help them design cases before launch, and to survive, many of them have no real choice but to have cases ship late.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Several of the Caudate cases say they ship in late Sep. or in Oct., whether that's because they sold out of launch supply or aren't ready yet.

And you may know but: Many case makers take orders before the product arrives, as they don't receive official specs from Apple and have to wait for reliable supplier leaks/rumors/CAD files. Very few companies receive information from Apple to help them design cases before launch, and to survive, many of them have no real choice but to have cases ship late.
It seems like Otterbox, and possibly Spigen, get at least some pre-release guidance from Apple. Others are on their own for sure. In my experience, it’s prudent to order either a cheap case or an official Apple case early on, then only consider premium third-party cases once they’ve had time to clean up any design flaws, particularly on a year when a new button is introduced. Just my opinion, some will differ which is fine of course. 😊

ryansebiz

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2008
Sadly, the closed-bottom Ryan London case isn't as good of quality as the open-bottom one. The open-bottom RL has been my favorite leather case I've tried along with the LuckyCoin.
Just curious, what's the difference is quality between the Ryan London open-bottom and closed-bottom cases?

mikext

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2011
Dallas
Just curious, what's the difference is quality between the Ryan London open-bottom and closed-bottom cases?
To me, the leather open-bottom case just feels much more supple and premium than the closed-bottom. the closed-bottom one almost felt like it had some sort of weird coating on it that made the case feel much dryer. I also prefer the leather-wrapped camera bump vs the metal camera ring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.