Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Pictures courtesy of Technically Tee from his Discord channel:

Attachments

• IMG_7070.jpg
    IMG_7070.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7071.jpg
    IMG_7071.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7072.jpg
    IMG_7072.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7073.jpg
    IMG_7073.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7074.jpg
    IMG_7074.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7075.jpg
    IMG_7075.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7078.jpg
    IMG_7078.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7077.jpg
    IMG_7077.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7076.jpg
    IMG_7076.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Anyone looking at the ESR case for the 16 or even just something to "get you by", there is a nice bundle available on Amazon for $9... hard to beat that

Details and coupon code via SlickDeals

EclecticGent

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Georgia, USA
So which blue do you like? I like how the denim is essentially navy, but I think this year I like the pop of ultramarine. It's a shame Apple never gives the Pro models any splashy colors, so I think something like the ultramarine is a nice way to add a subtle splash of color.
I think the Denim has a bit more saturation and vibrancy than the past years’ navy options, so I will probably go with that one. I’m probably going to keep the Otterbox Lumin in Mallard as well instead of the Lake Green— they are very similar in color.

My wife will be upgrading to the Ultramarine 16 Plus, so I will probably see if she wants to trade in that option for the size that fits her phone. We both really like that color. Too bad they didn’t use it for the Pro models…

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
Just ordered this ESR case for mine

IMG_0730.png

Also ordered this Waterproof/Dustproof case as well for work as I work in construction and had one of these cases for my 15 Pro Max and it was great never got a spec of dust or anything inside the case in the full year I had it. The only downside is the call quality is pretty bad as everything is encased but the one I’ve found this year as I couldn’t find the brand I had for the 15 seems to have a plug you can remove when you get a call for better microphone quality.

IMG_0729.png

Reactions: Pug72

EclecticGent

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Georgia, USA
Honest question: What is the fascination with the clear cases? I get wanting to show off your phone, but the ugly MagSafe thing makes the entire case and phone look bad, IMO. Now many of these "clear" cases will not yellow over time? That's another major turn off for me.
I typically go with a white phone (have gravitated to it since the 3g), so the ring oftentimes blends in. I also love to add random minutiae from my travels inside the case (fortunes from cookies, stickers, etc). The clear cases make this easier, but they do yellow with time and use. It’s the case I have to replace the most often during the year.

Reactions: AZhappyjack

EclecticGent

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Georgia, USA
Apologies if this has been discussed already, but how is the lip on the Apple silicon? Is it decent enough not to need a screen protector? Got the Ultramarine on order but the lake green and denim have me questioning that decision!
Not sure for this year’s model since we don’t have the phones yet, but the iPhone 15 silicone cases have a minor lip even with a screen protector. You should be okay.

The blue tints are solid this year. I really like the Denim and Ultramarine… well and the Lake Green. It’s a tough decision.

IMG_5006.jpeg

Reactions: Boardiesboi

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I typically go with a white phone (have gravitated to it since the 3g), so the ring oftentimes blends in. I also love to add random minutiae from my travels inside the case (fortunes from cookies, stickers, etc). The clear cases make this easier, but they do yellow with time and use. It’s the case I have to replace the most often during the year.
Thank you. Like I said, it was an honest question to satisfy my curiosity... and what you said makes sense... and even if it didn't make sense to me, it's your phone/case, so I don't get a vote. :D :D :D

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Pictures courtesy of Technically Tee from his Discord channel:
Wow, those gaping cutouts are unsightly (especially on the Mous).

Last year Tee refused to review cases that didn’t have an Action Button cover. Apparently the same isn’t going to hold true for the Camera Control cover this year.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
Wow, those gaping cutouts are unsightly (especially on the Mous).

Last year Tee refused to review cases that didn’t have an Action Button cover. Apparently the same isn’t going to hold true for the Camera Control cover this year.

Thanks for sharing the pics!
Probably not, indeed. There are very little cases that have a normal Camera Control cover. I guess Tee is a big man who needs to eat too, so making an exception this year, would be better for him, probably.

Reactions: Zensō

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
Do the Apple silicone cases hold up better than they used to? My wife's iPhone 13 silicone case only lasted a few months.
I find the silicone cases very durable. I've had two in four years. The first one I broke the corner when I dropped it on tile. The second one is still going strong after 3 years.

(I drop my phones a lot. I even destroyed a thick Otter Box. I've found the Apple silicone cases very protective.)

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
Apologies if this has been discussed already, but how is the lip on the Apple silicon? Is it decent enough not to need a screen protector? Got the Ultramarine on order but the lake green and denim have me questioning that decision!
The Apple silicone case has a good lip. I never use a screen protector and I can lay the phone face down without any worries.

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Random question...are the photos of the Torras Ostand Fusion crashing anyone else's browser page? If I scroll to it, it's web page death. I'm going to have to wait until this thread moves onto another page! 😂

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
FWIW, I ended up trying the Suti on my 15 Pro and absolutely loved it, it was my favourite of the year in the end. It shocked me tbh, ordered on a whim and didn't expect to like it. So much so that I have already pre-ordered the NanoSuede in 'Polar Fleece' and Carbon Fiber versions for my pre-ordered 16 Pro.

View attachment 2417903 View attachment 2417904

The founded Lon is also super responsive on emails etc, had a bit of chat with him. I have absolutely zero affiliation with Suti, but just love the product and loved the customer service.

I also totally appreciate that most on here will think this is absolute sacrilege!! I get that most people want a case that also protects the sides. I'm a little different - I'd always been desperate to use my phone naked but too scared. Every time I swapped cases and held it naked I was reminded how much I love it. I saw this and it made me consider that actually I'm pretty careful with my phone, and that most of the time I'm just setting it down on a desk etc and don't want to scratch the back. So saw this and thought I'd try. So don't anyone shout!! 🤣 I know I'm in the minority!!
This is really helpful, I am really tempted to grab one for my 16 Pro, I love the idea of naked phone but don't like setting it down places so this is like the ideal setup for me. I do wish it was closer to $25ish because paying the same for it vs like the Caudabe Sheath I have been using on my last few iPhones seems like too much.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
I don’t know what case to get.

I have a Pitaka one that’s thin and light and I love a lot.

But the new Pitaka cases aren’t my style. Anyone have any suggestions for a thin and light case? I don’t care about protection and sides being fully covered (example: I’m rocking a Rhapsody: https://www.ipitaka.com/products/orchestra-phone-cases?variant=42048290619462).Notice the cut outs for the buttons and the top/bottom isn’t protected - I like those kinda cases.

I think Caudabe had the Veil case. But I don’t know.

marlman

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpeg
    IMG_0366.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0365.jpeg
    IMG_0365.jpeg
    355.5 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: japjoe7

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Still not my cup of tea, but FYI, another third party case with a CC button cover (seemingly the same copper pin arrangement as Supcase):

716nCdCEMGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: Zensō

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Assuming that’s the textile woven case? How does it feel? Pretty good grip or smooth to the touch?
It's aramid fiber... so it's a hard case with a woven texture... personally, I like the case, but the silver ring around the camera cluster makes it a hard pass for me.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Please let me know if you hear anything.
Reply from Caudabe Support.

Hey Sal!

Thanks for the email! The in-stock items in your order are being prepared for shipment and will be headed your way ASAP! You will receive a shipping confirmation email as soon as those details are available.

Hope you enjoy your order when it arrives!

Reactions: Hooterville

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Reply from Caudabe Support.

Hey Sal!

Thanks for the email! The in-stock items in your order are being prepared for shipment and will be headed your way ASAP! You will receive a shipping confirmation email as soon as those details are available.

Hope you enjoy your order when it arrives!

Ok, so... the obvious question is what did you order? What are the "in-stock" items in your order? #inquiringMinds

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I only purchased an Apple silicon case. I'm withholding my money from the case makers in hopes that if enough people do it, they'll learn that we want more options with a camera button cover.

Cute.

I understand what you're trying to do... but that will never work... too many people just gobbling up less than perfect wares, and the case makers will just take the cash and keep on keeping on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.