Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I know this is a case thread, but since screen protectors have been brought up, these are what I’m gonna go with.
I have the ESR ones that were mentioned earlier, and although installation was simple and they seem like great protectors, when you look at the phone from an angle there is a rainbow effect. So, going with these and hopefully they fix my problem.

Attachments

• IMG_3775.jpeg
    IMG_3775.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Mr.C

pcmike

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
Glad you have found something you like. Buttons aside, could you please explain the appeal of the Caudabe Sheath? In fairness, I have never handled one in person, but every time I get a new phone, I look at them online and just don't feel drawn to them at all. The texture looks sandpapery and uncomfortable to hold, and the colors aren't to my taste. What am I missing? I know that it's very popular so there must be some good reasons for that, but I can't see myself wanting one.

I'm very pleased with the Apple silicone case so far. The texture is very comfortable in the hand. The buttons are plenty responsive and clicky, and it doesn't seem too hard to pull out of a pocket, nor does it seem to attract lint or cat hair to a significant degree. I'll probably still be looking for a leather case - I was very pleased with the Apple one I had for the 14 Pro - but will probably wait until we see what the best solution for the camera control button turns out to be.
I’m extremely drawn to it because it’s minimal, but still very functional. There’s nothing fancy about it at all, but the devil is in the details, especially this year. If you thought the buttons on the silicone case are “clicky and responsive” then you’d really be shocked by the Sheath buttons; they make the silicone case buttons feel like a joke. Plus they’re actual metal and just look so understated. I’m also a big fan of the very inconspicuous colors. The case feels great in the hand and it’s not sandpapery/rough on the hand at all, but it definitely makes the phone easier to grip. Plus no big logos and definitely no wording anywhere on the outside. It’s really hard to explain, I feel like it’s one of those “IYKYK” type of things. 😏

Reactions: Chateaunole-du-Pape

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
My 15PM battery was always set to 100% and after a year it had degraded to 92%. Always charged with MagSafe puck unless I was traveling. The 15PM itself “recommends” setting a charging limit of 90%, so I figured that’s what I’m going to do with my 16P this year. However, I’m kind of skeptical, because I get a new phone every year and why should I deprive myself of battery just for the next person Apple sells it to…
I’ve been doing the same with my 15 Pro Max and I’m of the same opinion. I always charge mine to 100% and the battery for my launch iPhone is at 91% right now. I upgrade my iPhone every year so I’m not bothered by that.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Got a $47.00 Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket, what to order?

Guess the Ultramarine silicone?

Been a Prime member for years and now if you want a refund back to your original form of payment it can take 30 days for Amazon to give you your money back :mad:

I returned a $200. keyboard and it's been almost 3 weeks and still no refund from Amazon. They are starting to piss me off.

Reactions: CrispAppleNerd

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Got a $47.00 Amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket, what to order?

Guess the Ultramarine silicone?

Been a Prime member for years and now if you want a refund back to your original form of payment it can take 30 days for Amazon to give you your money back :mad:

I returned a $200. keyboard and it's been almost 3 weeks and still no refund from Amazon. They are starting to piss me off.

It’s been horrible lately. I always now opt for the refund back to Amazon gift card within 2-4 hours. It’ll be spent eventually. Don’t even both with back to original payment.

F308gt4

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2020
I originally got the Nomad Modern Leather case in black horween leather. It looks good and provides lots of protection. Put it on yesterday as soon as I got my phone and have been using it since.

But, I also got the denim silicone Apple case for my wife, who hasn’t set up her phone yet (she’s waiting until tomorrow). I tried the case on my phone for the last hour or so and wow, I gotta say, it feels great. Less bulk than the Nomad case. The camera button on the Apple case feels way better than the cutout on the Nomad case.

As much as I love leather, I may just get myself an apple Silicone case and go with it. Not sure what color yet, thinking either black or possibly the gray color.

kvlq

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2015
Glad you have found something you like. Buttons aside, could you please explain the appeal of the Caudabe Sheath? In fairness, I have never handled one in person, but every time I get a new phone, I look at them online and just don't feel drawn to them at all. The texture looks sandpapery and uncomfortable to hold, and the colors aren't to my taste. What am I missing? I know that it's very popular so there must be some good reasons for that, but I can't see myself wanting one.
I don’t know… I saw the hype around Caudabe cases last year and decided to order one for my 15 Pro. I got the Synthesis and absolutely hated it. I used it for maybe two days in the whole year. For me, it felt terrible, almost like a cheap hard plastic case. But to each their own.
Everyone has different tastes; what I like might not be what someone else likes.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I know this is a case thread, but since screen protectors have been brought up, these are what I’m gonna go with.
I have the ESR ones that were mentioned earlier, and although installation was simple and they seem like great protectors, when you look at the phone from an angle there is a rainbow effect. So, going with these and hopefully they fix my problem.
Please let us know how it goes. With the tiny bevel on the 16 I wonder if it’s one or the other: clear edge with the rainbow effect, or black edge with the screen cutoff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.