Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
These look nice , but now that spigen and apple themselves are doing covered buttons I feel like manufacturers will want to update their cases.

In which case phonerebel with covered button launching June 2025 lol
Not a fan of how the Pitaka ultra slim looks now with the double cutout for the capture button…

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpeg
    IMG_0131.jpeg
    585.7 KB · Views: 56

Hojobones

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
I had this one (the pitaka above) for my 15PM. I have liked it but was hoping they would come out with some new designs on the back. Looks like they only have a 7 day return period, guess I’ll see if Apple comes out with something better than the fine woven this year.

YJINYU

Suspended
Sep 26, 2023
Look forward to the minimalist design cases, and hope this year will have some surprises.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I had this one (the pitaka above) for my 15PM. I have liked it but was hoping they would come out with some new designs on the back. Looks like they only have a 7 day return period, guess I’ll see if Apple comes out with something better than the fine woven this year.
I had both of the StarPeak designs for the 15PM and loved them.
I think they might release new designs a few months after the new phones are released. They did this last time with the 15PM - Used old designs at release, and update them with new ones a few months later.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
guess I’ll have to wait until next Monday to see if I should return my Benks ArmorPro. The new button is a cutout right now.

Pic is with my 15PM inside. Wouldn’t mind floating buttons b/c these slit-cut buttons, too. I’m liking Pitaka Military grade b/c of that. Edit - guess I can’t tell if the capture button is an open hole on the Pitaka as well, though. Dang!
IMG_0134.jpeg

Reactions: Hooterville

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
Wonder if Caudabe added a Capture button after missing the boat on the Action button early on last time. Can imagine plenty of face palms there if they did it again.

Not gunna lie, my usual fave Benks ArmorPro & Mist don't have a button and it's a little irking knowing that a capacitive button IS possible and these two don't have one (maybe they'll update design later).

It may well be that it works better without and I'll try both but I'd rather not have a non-protectiive hole if there are better options.

Reactions: julit0

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
guess I’ll have to wait until next Monday to see if I should return my Benks ArmorPro. The new button is a cutout right now.

Pic is with my 15PM inside. Wouldn’t mind floating buttons b/c these slit-cut buttons, too. I’m liking Pitaka Military grade b/c of that. Edit - guess I can’t tell if the capture button is an open hole on the Pitaka as well, though. Dang!
View attachment 2413311
At least for now, it looks as if the Pitaka has an opening for the Capture button.

IMG_6179.jpeg

Reactions: julit0

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Wonder if Caudabe added a Capture button after missing the boat on the Action button early on last time. Can imagine plenty of face palms there if they did it again.

Not gunna lie, my usual fave Benks ArmorPro & Mist don't have a button and it's a little irking knowing that a capacitive button IS possible and these two don't have one (maybe they'll update design later).

It may well be that it works better without and I'll try both but I'd rather not have a non-protectiive hole if there are better options.

As a person who loves Caudabe cases but did not move up to the iPhone 15, how did Caudabe handle that mishap?

I take it they recalled and replaced those cases for their customers, correct?

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
As a person who loves Caudabe cases but did not move up to the iPhone 15, how did Caudabe handle that mishap?

IIRC, they let people order without the action button and then gave them an action button version FOC?

ryansebiz

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2008

Caudabe did not handle this problem well because they made their customers pay return shipping.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

It was a bit of a mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Delorean2006

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I too keep my expensive devices in good condition. My abused iPhone 15 Pro Max looks to be in very good to excellent condition, just like my 14 Pro and the 13 Pro were. My iPhones would get the same resale value as one kludged up in a case for the last year.

I too used cases in the old days, but modern iPhone Pros are much tougher.

They can still smash if you drop them and I’ve seen it happen a few times in the last couple of years. Tough if dropped on a table top, but not so tough when dropped on a road from 300-400mm.

azhava

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2010
Arizona, USA
I too keep my expensive devices in good condition. My abused iPhone 15 Pro Max looks to be in very good to excellent condition, just like my 14 Pro and the 13 Pro were. My iPhones would get the same resale value as one kludged up in a case for the last year.

I too used cases in the old days, but modern iPhone Pros are much tougher.
So I guess it depends on one's frame of reference. If I get on a motorcycle, I don't consider it "kludging up" my head to put on a helmet. When I get in a kayak I don't consider it "kludging up" my body to put on a life jacket. When I get in a car I don't consider it "kludging up" to put on a seat belt and having air bags all around me. When I use power tools I don't consider it "kludging up" my face to wear safety glasses. I may never (hopefully!) need them to protect me by serving their intended purpose, but I'm sure glad they're there just in case.

To me, a case serves a specific need on my phone and there's no way I'd go without one. I don't consider it a "kludge", I consider it protective gear just like all those aforementioned things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.