Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashishmtare

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2015
Currently on iPhone 15 pro max. Not sure if I should upgrade to the 16 pro max. The camera control looks interesting, but seems like the rest of the device is same as the 15 pro max? Any thoughts?

RobinNL

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2017
World
Depends on the camera which sadly is both image pipeline (unique per model) and hardware. Hardware upgrades in my opinion so so, but reviews can tell otherwise if the photos are actually considerably better.

Macalway

macrumors 601
Aug 7, 2013
Wasn't interested until I saw the new camera control. Since I'm paying for ATT next up, I believe this is a desirable feature.

Otherwise I'd pass. Really by paying for 'Next Up' it's sort of mandatory, otherwise why pay?. On top of that, the new 'Next up anytime' is going to make it even more mandatory.

svish

macrumors G4
Nov 25, 2017
Better to hold on to your 15 Pro Max for another year. Wait and see what the 17 Pro Max will have to offer

Diorama

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2017
I think 2 years is a good time to keep the phone; the only times I’ve upgraded a year later is when there was a clear and obvious reason:

6 Plus —> 6s plus. (6 plus was underpowered, even when new)

X —> Xs Max. (Struggled with the small X after having a Plus phone)

If I’d had a 7, I would have upgraded to the X after one year because daaaaamn that thing felt like science fiction in 2017

Vivian125

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2017
Depends on your Reason:

Safety and Security - Yes
Design - No (it has the same back three-eyed camera of iPhone 11 Pro from 2019)
Software - Yes
Hardware - Yes
Features - Yes

Coming From 11 - Yes
Coming From 12 - Yes
Coming from 13 - Yes
Coming From 14 - Yes (only if your 14 suffers from battery drain like the older iPhones)
Coming From 15 - No

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.