Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Foxy The Pirate Fox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2016
My iPhone 3G was working JUST fine but when installing whited00r 6,everything was bad!
iTunes Can't recognize my Phone,i cannot hard reset,and i cannot enter DFU.
my mac hasn't helped,i have a BROKEN power button,i really need my iPhone Fixed!!!
i JUST got it.
REDSNOW AND OTHER SOFTWARE DON'T HELP EITHER!!!!!!

:apple: Sucks!
:mad:NO RECOVERY OR :apple: Logo Either!!!
o_OApple is so Confusing!o_O

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
---------- I will be forever grateful!--------

acorntoy

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2010
This isn't really apples fault, this appears to be your fault by jailbreaking when you have no way to enter DFU or recovery. It seems as though a problem occurred while installing whitedoor (something that happened to me when I used it as well). The only way to use your phone now is to get it into DFU or recovery mode and restore, both require your power button. You could try using a guide to repair the button but that appears to be your only option at this point other than purchasing a new phone.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
iPhone 3G? Holy crap.

I have a spare 3G sitting around and even my 5 year old son knows it's old as crap! He won't touch it. He says it's too slow and YouTube doesn't work.

He's been eyeing my 6S plus once I get he iPhone 7 sometime this fall.

He's currently pretty happy with his iPad Air 2 cellular with unlimited data.

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2014
I don't think using an iPhone 3G in 2016 is the problem here, I mean some people doesn't need the latest and greatest, they just need a phone that can do phone calls and text messages.

The problem here is saying that Apple is "so confusing" while you just tried to install a custom firmware that is of course not supported by the company and not recommanded if you do not have some knowledge on the subject (or have a broken power button in your case).

Foxy The Pirate Fox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2016
now i'm stuck with an :apple: logo with a Progress bar,stuck at 0%,and iTunes won't recognize it,but it says iPhone in System Report,with these details:
Product ID:0x1292

Vendor ID:0x05ac (Apple Inc.)

Version: 0.01

Serial Number:84d37c9eb04a230877f9ad1302cb3acf71462d98

Speed:Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer:Apple Inc.

Location ID:0xfd100000 / 3

Current Available (mA):500

Current Required (mA):500

Extra Operating Current (mA):500

i am confused by this. :confused:help me!:eek:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Let the phone battery die completely till the phone turns off.
And then open itunes on your computer, plug the iphone into the usb port on your computer and keep holding the home button down for 2-3 minutes while the iphone powers on or until itunes recognizes it in recovery mode.
When the phone powers up an turns on itunes should detect it and let you restore it.
You should see this message below.
ITUNES-RECovery-mode1.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.