Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ohgodhelp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2015
It was in an Otterbox, one of the ones that has clasps and fully encases the phone, I put it in rice for an hour and it worked, but had a little bit of water behind the screen. Then, when I opened iFile, it just froze. I locked the phone, and now I can't do anything. I put it back in rice overnight, but still won't work. The screen does not appear to be on, but it does make a noise when I plug it in, and iTunes recognizes it, but I can't press trust this computer, because the screen isn't on. Nothing is working. Oh sweet mother of god, help.

>inb4 Restore to factory settings
Power button is broken, has been for a while. I tried the kitchen counter trick, didn't work.

ohgodhelp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2015
I'm currently looking for a job, and not having a functioning phone is an urgent issue.

ohgodhelp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2015
the parts that were wet looked brighter than the rest, if that helps.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I am also able to turn the ringer on and off for some reason.

Sorry to hear of your troubles and being out of work, but it appears your phone may be dead. The best suggestion I have is if you can, look for an inexpensive refurbished phone to temporarily replace yours until you find a job and can afford to buy a newer one.

ohgodhelp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2015
Sorry to hear of your troubles and being out of work, but it appears your phone may be dead. The best suggestion I have is if you can, look for an inexpensive refurbished phone to temporarily replace yours until you find a job and can afford to buy a newer one.

Ah. Great. Well, thanks for replying. Hope you have a merry Christmas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.