Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Nikon d40

This image is raw from the camera no editing at all.

3059988099_2a3c1728d9.jpg

This image below is edited which looks very simular to the iPhone pictures. over saturated.

3060861482_42e62c7bef.jpg

Who agrees?

Apples images:

4683398190_fd100b1413_b.jpg

4683398006_6c0bc1cbbe_b.jpg

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
What do you mean?

I am confident that Apple intends for them to look that way.

Apple = new and hip
Over saturated+overexposed = new and hip

Ergo apples new hip iphone takes new hip blown out saturated pictures.

Do they look good? Debatable. Will people eat it up? Absolutely.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I am confident that Apple intends for them to look that way.

Apple = new and hip
Over saturated+overexposed = new and hip

Ergo apples new hip iphone takes new hip blown out saturated pictures.

Do they look good? Debatable. Will people eat it up? Absolutely.
Actually, over saturated yes, over exposed ... not exactly. There's a difference between the two. ;)

Not that im calling anyone a liar, but i'd like to see some Exif Data on those photos....
Ummm ask Apple then. Doubt you'll get it from here.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
I'm willing to give Apple the benefit of the doubt and say that they are actually untouched....

However, I'm almost positive that the new camera processing software one there boosts saturation, contrast, and sharpness (just as flat screen tv's do out of the box)....

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
I'm with Negrito on this one. I'm calling shens on those iPhone pics. Those pics look like they are from a DSLR with some lighting equipment.

Just like I'm calling shens on the quality of the picture they show on the FaceTime feature. I seriously doubt the picture is clear and vibrant as that on a .3mp camera.

Apple is good at presentation, I'll given them that.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
So why don't you do so? It'a all there.

When I went to Apple site this is what I get....so iPhone either don't capture the exif data, or it was stripped to "hide" something.
http://images.apple.com/iphone/features/includes/camera-gallery/02-20100607.jpg

Handling APPx (0xe0) block.
Handling APPx (0xec) block.
Handling APPx (0xee) block.
End of APPx data blocks reached.
Status = 0

Unable to extract some or all of the EXIF data, which may have been removed from the image file.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Why ask if you aren't going to believe the answer?

Who said i wouldnt believe it?

And Steve explicitly said that "these were taken from the iPhone 4, with nothing else done to them."

Yes, and Mr. Jobs has never bent or stretched the thruth. Or god forbid.... Lie.

So why don't you do so? It'a all there.

No, its not. I was at work when i originally posted, but at home i checked my Exif info program and there was none.

Ummm ask Apple then. Doubt you'll get it from here.

Love your snarky comments, but ummm when did i ask anyone here to provide it? Obviously no one here would have access to the exif if it isnt embedded in the the photo, which it isnt....

I'm with Negrito on this one. I'm calling shens on those iPhone pics. Those pics look like they are from a DSLR with some lighting equipment.

Just like I'm calling shens on the quality of the picture they show on the FaceTime feature. I seriously doubt the picture is clear and vibrant as that on a .3mp camera.

Apple is good at presentation, I'll given them that.

Agreed, I have the Evo and my front facing camera is like a webcam from 1999. Lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.