Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seitsme

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
-
hello , i recently got a iphone 5 updated to the latest ios.

I see that there is lot of animation i.e. when clicking icons etc. compared to my iphone4 and would like to ask if anyone had this problem and how to disable it !

I want no animations when i click on apps, games etc.

regards

seitsme

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2017
-
Try: Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion on
simply awesome ! works ! thanks friend.

may i ask you if you also know how to
1) stop the device from allowing slide left guesture when its on the first desktop screen (with icon apps)
as swipping left brings another screen, looking empty which i dont want to ?

2) when iphone is locked (screen) i touch home button and opens up. Later it asks for password to login.
If i slide the screen to the right, the camera comes on and dont want it to appear at all as it may bypass my
security code screen.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
simply awesome ! works ! thanks friend.

may i ask you if you also know how to
1) stop the device from allowing slide left guesture when its on the first desktop screen (with icon apps)
as swipping left brings another screen, looking empty which i dont want to ?

2) when iphone is locked (screen) i touch home button and opens up. Later it asks for password to login.
If i slide the screen to the right, the camera comes on and dont want it to appear at all as it may bypass my
security code screen.
You can't disable the widget screen when unlocked, but you can when locked.

As far as camera when locked goes, it doesn't bypass the lock, it just allows pictures to be taken and that's more or less it.

Reactions: seitsme
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.