Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

claudiofilho12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2018
curitiba, brazil
Hi, I've owned an iPhone 5 for some time, a few months back, the battery indicator has deregulated and drops rapidly by 100% and decreases until it reaches 3% and stays 3 hours, so I got used to it. this, over time after the iPhone shut down or restart it, always when it turns on it stays a 2 minutes on and from nowhere it reboots alone, plus that it would restart 2 or 3x and turned to normal, but now I fight not to let it turn off, because this time that lasted 2.3x returned to normal now it keeps restarting for 5, 6 hours without stopping, I thought it could be battery more battery was changed beginning of this year, technicians what can be?

Follow the video showing how it is

AxlTJ

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2018
There are a few possibilities you need to look at. It's possible that the battery is failing, motherboard issue or software issue. Isolate each possibility by troubleshooting.

1. Make sure that your device is updated. If it's already updated, do a reset/restore.
2. Replace battery
3. Could be a motherboard issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.