Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigfatipod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
About a week ago, grandfather's iPhone 5c recently started showing 'No Service' with ATT. Nothing account wise/billing has changed. No iOS upgrades of any sort. We've restarted the phone several times, DFU'd, and reset network settings. Occasionally, the phone will temporarily get service but loses after a few minutes. Other iPhones get service in this area and we've tried in several well serviced places.

We've contacted ATT and they don't see anything wrong on their end.

We've tried my wife's SIM (from iPhone SE) and the same thing happens. We've also tried grandpa's sim in wife's phone and that works fine.

We've also tested another iPhone 5c that also doesn't keep service.

Both on iOS 10.3.3 - I believe the highest person it can go.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
About a week ago, grandfather's iPhone 5c recently started showing 'No Service' with ATT. Nothing account wise/billing has changed. No iOS upgrades of any sort. We've restarted the phone several times, DFU'd, and reset network settings. Occasionally, the phone will temporarily get service but loses after a few minutes. Other iPhones get service in this area and we've tried in several well serviced places.

We've contacted ATT and they don't see anything wrong on their end.

We've tried my wife's SIM (from iPhone SE) and the same thing happens. We've also tried grandpa's sim in wife's phone and that works fine.

We've also tested another iPhone 5c that also doesn't keep service.

Both on iOS 10.3.3 - I believe the highest person it can go.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Is it happening in just one location or all over the city? If it's just one location, there could be a problem with the tower they are connected to. If it's all over the city, then perhaps AT&T is in the process of upgrading towers in your area.

bigfatipod

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
Happening all over - we’ve taken the phone (actually two of them) in various places that have great coverage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.