Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aboodee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2016
Almost 6 months ago, my iPhone 5S fell in water, so I kept it in a bag of rice for one day. Since then my iPhone has been acting funny. Touch ID stopped working. I had battery issues, I replaced the battery with another one I bought of Amazon. Worked fine for a couple months then started draining really fast. I figured it might have been a defected battery. It reached till a point were the phone instantly shut off without connection to power. One day I woke up and checked my phone, but something weird is happening now, there is no image on the screen, only backlight. So I received my other replacement battery in mail. I installed it, the battery took like 30 minutes, then I had the same thing. No image, only backlight. The weird is that my phone shows the read battery thing which means it's charging, but then after it allegedly have charged till the start up point I get the no image only backlight thing. Now I don't even get that, my phone is constantly charging, whenever I click the home button, I get that red battery charging icon. Please help me find a solution, I can't afford to buy a new one now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.