Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gray24a

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2016
I have a problem with my iPhone 5s. It started a while ago, I suppose that after the upgrade to iOS 10. My iPhone won't charge even if it is showing that it's charging. When battery stuck at for ex. 42% it doesn't increase no matter what. I tried different USB cables. I tried to clean the charging port. It's just driving me nut, the point is that sometimes it will charge and sometimes not. The only solution that I found till now is to heat it up with hairdryer, and then it works perfectly. But as I said before, there is no rule when my iPhone will charge or won't (if I do not use hairdryer) ... That is just insane because I can't keep with me all the time hairdryer and just do it in the public...

I tried the hard reset, soft reset, restoring iPhone.. I am hopless please help me

Does someone of you have any idea what to do?

here is my battery reading:
CycleCount: 1006

DesignCapacity: 1550

FullChargeCapacity: 1500

BatteryCurrentCapacity: 79

BatteryIsCharging: true

ExternalChargeCapable: true

ExternalConnected: true

FullyCharged: false

GasGaugeCapability: true

HasBattery: true

immx

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Assuming you have tried your charger on another iPhone and it is fine, then it sounds like the lighting port on your phone maybe playing up.

Why the hairdryer would change things I'm not too sure, unless you're heating it to the point the metal contacts expand???

gray24a

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2016
well the point is that not always the hairdryer is required to charge it. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.. most often yes but it also depends, if I charge it from power bank, or socket.
I think my iShit is a girl. Moody one...

immx

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
My previous iPhone (ip6) was having an issue where it would only charge after it had been switched off then on again, that was solved with a restore from iTunes.

The heat thing is a new one on me though!

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
If you have to heat things to charge it I would stop. Heating things causes expansion. If something is expanding to allow the battery to charge that sounds dangerous. I would have Apple look at it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.