Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pandi.ruvina

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2017
Hello I have an iphone 5S, updated to the latest ios version 10.2, but the battery keeps draining in standby mode, even when not using it at all. Tried all the parameters on how to maximise battery life, tried all the steps from all the forums possible, restored the device as new, closed all location services, background app refresh and even turned all the time power reserve, but the battery keeps draining! Anyone who can help me, maybe not being able to restore the device as new properly? or is something that is hardware related? because already run a diagnostic, it shows 95,79% of capacity of being charged to 100% and has only 300 cycles.

Reactions: dobra94

dobra94

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2017
Oradea , Romania
That's exactly what happened to me on iphone 6 since 10.2 and we are not alone , a lot of people are complaining of this . We can only wait for the next major update , that's what everyone told me .

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
How is your cellular service? Anything below 3 bars will decrease battery life. And lower the amount of bars, faster it drains.

pandi.ruvina

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2017
How is your cellular service? Anything below 3 bars will decrease battery life. And lower the amount of bars, faster it drains.

3-4 bars sometimes 5 but generally to 3 bars! already switched to another wireless carrier before and still issue persist

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Do you use FB or Facebook Messenger? Even with background app refresh off and the apps closed out of app switcher, they are notorious for running in the background and draining battery.

pandi.ruvina

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2017
Do you use FB or Facebook Messenger? Even with background app refresh off and the apps closed out of app switcher, they are notorious for running in the background and draining battery.

No i just have facebook opened from Safari, not a social addicted, mostly i like to use an smartphone for work, so battery it's mostly important to me rather than the social apps

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
No i just have facebook opened from Safari, not a social addicted, mostly i like to use an smartphone for work, so battery it's mostly important to me rather than the social apps

The only other thing I can think of that I have read here is toggling the news app in iCloud. If that is on, sometimes it gets stuck in the background syncing news.

Reactions: pandi.ruvina

stevemiller

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2008
This started happening to me immediately when I had to restore my iPhone 6 to 10.2 after the 10.3 beta corrupted itself. Nothing has changed about my usage and if anything my phone has less on it now that could be draining the battery. With light usage the phone is dead by the end of the day. Very disappointing.

pandi.ruvina

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2017
The only other thing I can think of that I have read here is toggling the news app in iCloud. If that is on, sometimes it gets stuck in the background syncing news.

Just trying to figure it out!!!
[doublepost=1489849559][/doublepost]
This started happening to me immediately when I had to restore my iPhone 6 to 10.2 after the 10.3 beta corrupted itself. Nothing has changed about my usage and if anything my phone has less on it now that could be draining the battery. With light usage the phone is dead by the end of the day. Very disappointing.

That's basically the same that is happening to my phone, i'm just like sitting there, my phone dies by itself without even using it!!!

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
The only thing I can suggest besides the news toggle is a reset all settings and then ultimately a restore as new. Something has become corrupt.

Reactions: pandi.ruvina
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.