Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n43em

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2016
Normally, my 5s would shut down at around 5-10%

However, whenever I put my 4g on, even if it's on 40%, my phone would just shut down, and apparently the whole of the battery has been drained.

I also have a problem charging - I charge with my lightning cable, and I have to get it in a perfect position to charge.

My brothers' lightning cable works perfectly on his iphone, but on mine, i have to get it on a precise position for it to work.

Any help would be appreciated!

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Normally, my 5s would shut down at around 5-10%

However, whenever I put my 4g on, even if it's on 40%, my phone would just shut down, and apparently the whole of the battery has been drained.

I also have a problem charging - I charge with my lightning cable, and I have to get it in a perfect position to charge.

My brothers' lightning cable works perfectly on his iphone, but on mine, i have to get it on a precise position for it to work.

Any help would be appreciated!
Sounds like you have two separate problems. The first is probably a bad battery. The second is usually caused by an obstruction (lint) in the charging port, and is easily cleaned out with a wooden or plastic toothpick.

n43em

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2016
Sounds like you have two separate problems. The first is probably a bad battery. The second is usually caused by an obstruction (lint) in the charging port, and is easily cleaned out with a wooden or plastic toothpick.
Your second solution worked, thanks! Surprisingly I originally thought it was just random fluff, and I was scared to put a lot of pressure in case I damage the charging port.

EdwardSmith36

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2016
hey, it's not your look out. Just call the apple customer support & ask them to rectify the problem or make a replacement in instant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.