Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ra red

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2016
Hello all,

Lately my iPhone6 (bought in early 2015) screen started to click on the bottom right corner and i am worried that water may go in.I have seen lot of posts online but i am not sure if this is manufacturing defect ? Will apple replace the phone or do i need to get after market repairs done?

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
TX
Hello all,

Lately my iPhone6 (bought in early 2015) screen started to click on the bottom right corner and i am worried that water may go in.I have seen lot of posts online but i am not sure if this is manufacturing defect ? Will apple replace the phone or do i need to get after market repairs done?

Mine is doing the same thing. I haven't carried it in so not sure what they will do. I bought my phone used a while ago and figure they can see that. I read about another guy who took this phone in and Apple said it had third party parts on it. He watched his phone opened at whatever store.

Anyways that all said I haven't had my phone from day one. Assuming they can see that I figure they will just tell me it is third party parts too.

Unless this is a known problem I don't think I am going to mess with it.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Hello all,

It's fairly common and doesn't interfere with phone functions.nyour phone shouldn't be in water anyway.

Apple will most likely replace the screen unless they discover that it's been replaced or other parts have been changed by 3rd party.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
My 6+ did this, clicked when I pressed together on the bottom right. Never affected the phone, didn't have any visual defects, and I never had a problem with the 1.5 years I owned it. I used it in rain and it was ok but (light) rain.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Hello all,

There's a similar thread that might have some information for you: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/is-there-a-fix-for-my-iphone-6-screen-sticking.1979372/

Based on what you described, I would probably take the phone to Apple, voice any concerns you have and see what they can do for you.

ra red

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2016
It's fairly common and doesn't interfere with phone functions.nyour phone shouldn't be in water anyway.

Apple will most likely replace the screen unless they discover that it's been replaced or other parts have been changed by 3rd party.
I haven't had any 3rd party repairs or alterations done but will they replace even if it is out of warranty? Its been almost a year that i bought this phone.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.