Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sannesley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
Bought an iphone 6 and looking for a case and screen protector to put on the phone before I let it out into the wild.

On my iphone 5s I had a zagg invisishield in combination with casemate tough two part case. there were some minor fitment issues in that the internal rubber part of the case wrapped slightly around the edge of the screen and lifted the invisishield protector slightly in small areas around the edge of the screen protector.

I would like the same level of protection for my iphone 6 but without the potential fitment issues.

What protection does anyone here have on their phone?

XRichard23

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2015
No issues with lifting? I've heard mixed reviews.
Absolutely no issues with lifting for me. I am in my 3rd screen protector as my infant daughter seems to find my phone each time I switch to my thin case and breaks the screen protector. Never an issue with lifting

Reactions: willmtaylor

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Absolutely no issues with lifting for me. I am in my 3rd screen protector as my infant daughter seems to find my phone each time I switch to my thin case and breaks the screen protector. Never an issue with lifting
Good to hear. I have a CrashGuard on my phone now with a busted screen, but I'm getting my screen replaced on Thursday. I have an Ice Max 3D waiting.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Crap. Just realized I have a PlayProof, not a CrashGuard. How embarassing. :oops:

XRichard23

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2015
Crap. Just realized I have a PlayProof, not a CrashGuard. How embarassing. :oops:
Yeah that's what I have, they go great together. In fact I had the crash guard but it would bow out on the sides a bit with the ice max. So I got the Playproof and that's no longer an issue

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Yeah that's what I have, they go great together. In fact I had the crash guard but it would bow out on the sides a bit with the ice max. So I got the Playproof and that's no longer an issue

I'm using the CrashGuard right now and looking for an E2E glass protector that doesn't cause the lip of the bumper to lift.

I was thinking of getting the Ice Max, but from your statements, it looks like it's a no go :(

matthew.murillo951

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2015
I recommend the Daswise E2E tempered glass. It's a little on the thick side, but if that's not an issue for you, then I'd go with that. No halo edge effect and very simple to put on. Can't beat be price either.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I recommend the Daswise E2E tempered glass. It's a little on the thick side, but if that's not an issue for you, then I'd go with that. No halo edge effect and very simple to put on. Can't beat be price either.
Reports have been mixed about the Daseise on these forums. While some have had good results, many have complained about lifting and/or dust and debris getting under the edges. YMMV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.