Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hardyjames86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2016
Hi All,

sorry i am totaly new to iphone technology but am willing to learn. i want get a broken iphone from ebay which is i-cloud locked and try and fix it. i heard if the IMIE is bad it is useless and can do nothing with it. is that true? even with tools can you get around bad IMIE? if not and the IMIE is good, ( all that is wrong with the phone is i-cloud lock and broken screen) is it possible to fix with these issues.

any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance!

ckc

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2010
Hi All,

sorry i am totaly new to iphone technology but am willing to learn. i want get a broken iphone from ebay which is i-cloud locked and try and fix it. i heard if the IMIE is bad it is useless and can do nothing with it. is that true? even with tools can you get around bad IMIE? if not and the IMIE is good, ( all that is wrong with the phone is i-cloud lock and broken screen) is it possible to fix with these issues.

Thanks in advance!
[doublepost=1461168202][/doublepost]Without the password for the iCloud lock the phone is just a nice. Looking paperweight.

There is no way around the iCloud lock unless you have a friend in the FBI who claim they bypassed a lock.

Beenblacklisted

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2011
Miami,Fl
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
The icloud issue , is not an easy thing to address, currently dns bypass is not available , nor is host files and itunes server bypass, hardware is an option but the amount of work needed outweighs the cost.

electronicsguy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2015
Pune, India
The icloud issue , is not an easy thing to address, currently dns bypass is not available , nor is host files and itunes server bypass, hardware is an option but the amount of work needed outweighs the cost.
I wonder why the above options are not though? doesn't a legit icloud verification send a message to their server and get a response saying yes or no? So if someone were to do a successful MITM type of things replicating that response, why wouldn't it work?

Suspended
Sep 15, 2012
OP, I would recommend staying away from that phone. Usually iCloud locked phones are purchased for parts. A bad IMEI means it is banned from use on at least one carrier, sometimes more. Swappa.com has a free IMEI check if you are interested.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

Don't do it.
If it was easy, simple or cheap everyone would be doing it.
It's not, there is no free lunch or a way to get those dirt cheap icloud locked devices to work.
You have no idea what you're getting yourself into. iCloud locked and bad imei or blacklisted imei iphones are 2 totally different things.
Save your money and headaches and purchase an iphone that you can use so you dont get stuck with a useless brick.

Reactions: Chatter

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
…even with tools can you get around bad IMIE?
The kind of tools that would allow you to "get around" blacklisted IMEI are the same kind of tools you can be arrested for being in possession of. Because their only use by those who do not work for carriers, manufacturers or recyclers is to defeat legitimate locks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.