Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sunny223

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2019
Hello. I dropped and shattered the touch screen of my iPhone 6. Due to the shattered glass, there is ‘phantom touches’ going on and I am unable to put in my passcode. It keeps rerouting me to the “phone is disabled, please try again in X minutes.” I was able to update it I think when it was in recovery mode. Before then due to the chaotic phantom touches I couldn’t even do anything and all my apps would open up by itself and act all up. (This is before I was able to restart it) I called Apple Support and they were no help, they just suggested that I go somewhere inexpensive to get the screen replaced so I can sync the iPhone and get my data to the new iPhone. I cannot even unlock the iPhone.

Is it possible to not spend the money to replace the screen on a iPhone that is helpless and get that data?

Please advise! Thank you in advance.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
A cheap iPhone 6 replacement display is under $15. You can buy one and install it yourself to completely resolve the issue.

A repair shop will charge you more than that for labor alone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.