Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grsamuels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2017
Yesterday, my iPhone was disconnected from all apps, including WiFi and iTunes. When I try to log into my apps (Gmail, WiFi, iTunes, Facebook) it says my password is wrong, even though it is the correct password in each instance. It is an iPhone 6 and the storage is pretty much full, about ~200 MB free space. My OS is up to date - 10.2.1 Any ideas what is going on and how to fix?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What do you mean you disconnected from the WiFi app? As in you have no internet/data connection?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You probably have answered you own question.
If your storage is maxed out then your device will run like crap and give you many errors.
You wont be able to receive emails or messages and run apps since there's no storage available.
Start deleting and cleaning up.
Settings/general/storage & icloud usage,manage storage and from there see what is taking it most of the space and remove.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

grsamuels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2017
What do you mean you disconnected from the WiFi app? As in you have no internet/data connection?

What I mean is is that I was prompted to log into my home wifi and when I logged in using my credentials, it said my password is wrong, but I know I used the correct password. This also goes for any app like Facebook, Gmail etc. Can log in using the correct credentials.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What I mean is is that I was prompted to log into my home wifi and when I logged in using my credentials, it said my password is wrong, but I know I used the correct password. This also goes for any app like Facebook, Gmail etc. Can log in using the correct credentials.
But you have a data connection (basically through your mobile service)?

Have you tried resetting network settings if not all settings?

grsamuels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2017
You probably have answered you own question.
If your storage is maxed out then your device will run like crap and give you many errors.
You wont be able to receive emails or messages and run apps since there's no storage available.
Start deleting and cleaning up.
Settings/general/storage & icloud usage,manage storage and from there see what is taking it most of the space and remove.

Thank you for your reply. I will try this route!
But you have a data connection (basically through your mobile service)?

Have you tried resetting network settings if not all settings?

Hi C DM,

Yes I have a data connection through my mobile service (Verizon).

I rarely use iTunes to manage the phone, so I connected to iTunes and received this error: "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. An unknown error occurred (0xE8000015)"

Then, after Googling that error, I found this thread with many users having the same symptoms as me:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7810224?start=0&tstart=0

This is promising. Now I am following these directions: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6091113

and am running iPhone Recovery Mode in iTunes as we speak.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
When you get past this, if you can, you need to get rid of anything you do not have to keep. You phone needs some space to operate well. When it get low on storage all kind of horrible things can happen. I would be backing up

grsamuels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2017
When you get past this, if you can, you need to get rid of anything you do not have to keep. You phone needs some space to operate well. When it get low on storage all kind of horrible things can happen. I would be backing up

I thought I was in the clear after doing a restore, everything was fine for a while, it was taking my credentials, wifi was working, itunes was working. Then it started asking me for my itunes and icloud password repeatedly again. Arg... When things were back to normal, I tried to run backups in itunes multiple times but they kept getting interrupted with an error: "itunes could not backup the iphone because an error occurred"

grsamuels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2017
Sounds like the OS is getting corrupted due to lack of storage.

Does not sound good. You might be out of luck.

IF you could just delete some apps and videos so you could see if the storage is the problem.

I don't think storage is a problem at this point. After deleting apps and things, I have 3.33 GB Available, and still having this problem of not being able to connect to iTunes/iCloud... any ideas?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I thought I was in the clear after doing a restore, everything was fine for a while, it was taking my credentials, wifi was working, itunes was working. Then it started asking me for my itunes and icloud password repeatedly again. Arg... When things were back to normal, I tried to run backups in itunes multiple times but they kept getting interrupted with an error: "itunes could not backup the iphone because an error occurred"
Did you restore from a backup or did you do a fresh installation as a new phone?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Nice, I think an iTunes restore is in order for you.
It will eliminate lots of issues if you can setup as new and not from backup would be even better to avoid any bugs that might carry over again to the new install.
[doublepost=1490638857][/doublepost]
I don't think storage is a problem at this point. After deleting apps and things, I have 3.33 GB Available, and still having this problem of not being able to connect to iTunes/iCloud... any ideas?

Storage is a big problem, if you let it get that bad where its maxed out even after you delete things and make room the iOS is already corrupt and cannot repair itself without an itunes restore.
In the future try not to let it fill up to the max like that or you'll have the same issues.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

grsamuels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2017
Excellent, thank you Applejuiced. I'll give that a whirl!

Nice, I think an iTunes restore is in order for you.
It will eliminate lots of issues if you can setup as new and not from backup would be even better to avoid any bugs that might carry over again to the new install.
[doublepost=1490638857][/doublepost]

Storage is a big problem, if you let it get that bad where its maxed out even after you delete things and make room the iOS is already corrupt and cannot repair itself without an itunes restore.
In the future try not to let it fill up to the max like that or you'll have the same issues.

Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.