Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

That Chevy guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2021
so I was letting my iPhone 6 charge like usually. The home button has been broken for a couple months now so I’ve been using assistive touch or what ever it’s called. Well yesterday I unplugged my phone and it turned off well I went to turn it back on and the apple logo came up but for like 2 secs then the screen got dark but was still on for about 15 secs then it shuts off if it’s plugged in it will stay on. And I can’t do a hard reboot with the home button and lock button because the home button is broken. I really need my phone back working I was gonna order a new home button ribbon cable because mine has a slight tear in it. If there is any solution to get it fixed fast plz help also I do not have a computer to use iTunes

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
You need to get that phone repaired - but you already know that. It appears the battery went flat. Does the phone charge up at all? In other words do you get a full charge percentage on the display?

That Chevy guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2021
You need to get that phone repaired - but you already know that. It appears the battery went flat. Does the phone charge up at all? In other words do you get a full charge percentage on the display?
So they phone never actually shows it’s charging. When i plug it In the apple logs appears for 2 to 3 seconds then goes to a dark place screen and will stay there till I unplug it. If I unplug it a couple seconds later it will turn off it dose the same thing unplugged when I try to turn it on so it has a charge

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Like I said above, probably a flat battery. When you order the home button ribbon cable, order a battery at the same time. But don't put a lot of money or time into that phone as it's beginning to show its age.

You can replace it with a 7 or 8 and not spend too much. Just be careful when buying a used phone.

That Chevy guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2021
Question if you happen to know by chance I have a screen from a 6s will the home button flex cable work from that on the 6. Like even if the length isn’t perfect are the connectors the same. I’m just wondering if I can plug it in so I can hold the home button with the power button to try to hard reboot it.

That Chevy guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2021
Like I said above, probably a flat battery. When you order the home button ribbon cable, order a battery at the same time. But don't put a lot of money or time into that phone as it's beginning to show its age.

You can replace it with a 7 or 8 and not spend too much. Just be careful when buying a used phone.
Question if you happen to know by chance I have a screen from a 6s will the home button flex cable work from that on the 6. Like even if the length isn’t perfect are the connectors the same. I’m just wondering if I can plug it in so I can hold the home button with the power button to try to hard reboot it.
It just sucks cause I need my phone and all of my pictures and everything is on it and I’m pretty sure nuthing is saved to iCloud which I was gonna buy a new phone anyways it just sucks

That Chevy guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2021

Also what makes you assume it’s the battery cause it will start to boot unplugged it goes to the apple logo then the apple logo disappears then shut off a couple seconds later

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Also what makes you assume it’s the battery cause it will start to boot unplugged it goes to the apple logo then the apple logo disappears then shut off a couple seconds later
Because just as you stated above. Why else would it shut off?

I really don't know if you can swap the home button flex cable from the 6s. Someone else who is more familiar with that will have to answer.

That Chevy guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2021
I’m not sure. I was just wondering why you thought that only because it will turn on but shuts back off when apple logo disappears

That Chevy guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2021
Because just as you stated above. Why else would it shut off?

I really don't know if you can swap the home button flex cable from the 6s. Someone else who is more familiar with that will have to answer.
I’m not sure. I was just wondering why you thought that only because it will turn on but shuts back off when apple logo disappears. And thx

That Chevy guy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2021
I would think a phone with a nearly dead battery would do exactly that.
Ya but I have Evan left it on the charger for hours and as soon as I plug it in the apple logo appears but disappears then stays on a dark black screen but never shuts off unless I unplug the charger

steelhauler34

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2019
Ya but I have Evan left it on the charger for hours and as soon as I plug it in the apple logo appears but disappears then stays on a dark black screen but never shuts off unless I unplug the charger

Try a different charger. I have had a cpl lightning cords go bad that show the phone as charging even though they weren’t at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.