Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MountainApple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2011
HI
I'm talking about this little issue here:
http://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/
afects me from time to time, but only in cold weather.

I don't have any Apple Stores near where I live (Hawaiian outer islands), although there is one that supposedly is qualified to make the replacement. But right now I'm in HK, and have an appointment to get it done right here and now at one of their brand new stores. I'm just slightly concerned about any potential pitfalls...
  • How long does the procedure usually take? I've been told 1-2 hours.
  • Anyone ever heard of them going awry? (they told me if that was the case they would try and replace my iPhone outright, assuming they have one)
  • Lastly, do they wipe everything? I have been told to backup and disable Find My iPhone. I'm not sure if this is just a precaution or if they really end up doing a full reset (and if so, to what purpose??)
Anyway thanks for your help guys!
from a slightly concerned Mountain Apple :eek:

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
Battery replacement hardly goes wrong unless you're really unlucky. If the replacement is successful, you'll be able to get back your iPhone without any loss of data. The backup and find my iPhone removal requirement is just in case something goes wrong and they end up changing the whole phone for you.

Reactions: MountainApple
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.