Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nirvis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2018
So I broke my iPhone 6s recently, and got the screen replaced at a local phone repair shop.

After replacing it, I've been experiencing a very annoying motion blur when scrolling (left-right or up-down) at the home screen, notification area, safari, whats app, and basically everything else. This is very intolerable and gives me a headache if I am to text for a more than a few minutes.

I've tried looking up many solutions, including talking to the repair guy, and I tried hard resetting the iPhone and leaving it turned off for a while, but it didn't help. It's been two days now since I fixed the phone. Also the phone is updated.

Is this a hardware or software problem? Can I fix it on my own or do I have to replace the screen again. (Because it is supposedly a good quality screen)

Nirvis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2018
Update: the repair guy replaced my screen again (or at least he claims he did [not in front of me]), but the problem still persists. Could this be a problem with the motherboard or something other than the screen? If it is can it be fixed or is my phone done for?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.