Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindajoseph873

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2015
Hawaii
Hi everyone, my iphone 6s just turned itself off - well not fully , the screen is black but underlit and a little loading circle keeps popping up every 10 seconds or so. I tried turning it off but it doesn't work. It's been like this for the past 5 hours.There were no issues. I am in Hawaii right now and some people here suggested me to visit stores like TCAWireless and others to fix this issue. Should I visit? Could you please guide me? Any help please?

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I posted this in response to a similar question a week or two back. My wife's 6 did something similar about a month ago. We plugged it in for several hours to charge, then did a "two button reset" on the phone. I'm putting that in quotation marks because starting with the iPhone 7 the procedure is somewhat different, but for your phone the following should work without data loss (but do this or any other reset at your own risk):

1. Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time.
  2. Hold them both until you see the screen go black.
  3. Wait until the white Apple logo appears.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.