Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark.Shea87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
I've already noticed a potential issue with my iPhone 7 plus. There is an audible clicking sound when I press on the screen with force (not the 3d touch vibration) even when I turn the phone off. Its especially noticeable on the left side of the phone. Almost sounds like the screen isn't fully secure. Anyone else having a similar issue?

jtwlbz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2014
I see more more posts about this issue. Mine does and i dont like this. My 6s plus is rock solid.

brianjsw01

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2015
Yah this is not normal but it's also a very common manufacturing fault. I had this on multiple iPhones in the past. Apple is always good about replacing the phone for this issue no questions asked.

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015
Went to the Apple Store, noticed this issue on more than half (6/10) iPhone 7/+s. I'd be very wary if buying now!

jtwlbz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2014
Good to hear that there are ones dont creak. I am heading the store tomorrow for exchange

Mark.Shea87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Yah this is not normal but it's also a very common manufacturing fault. I had this on multiple iPhones in the past. Apple is always good about replacing the phone for this issue no questions asked.

Yeah I'll be mailing my 7 plus in for a replacement once my iPhone 6 gets back from being repaired by Apple (swollen battery, still covered by Applecare) - that way I have my 6 to use while I wait for my replacement 7 plus (closest Apple store is almost 3 hours away) I'm just hoping my replacement 7 plus doesn't have the screen click/yellow screen issue I've been noticing. Also, out of the box there was a tiny scuff above the lightning port. Early adoption issues in full force.
[doublepost=1474263328][/doublepost]
Went to the Apple Store, noticed this issue on more than half (6/10) iPhone 7/+s. I'd be very wary if buying now!

That's not good. Creekgate incoming. My replacement better not have the issue.

t1m1t

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2011
Yes! I thought was alone haha. Mine is doing the same exact thing... all stores within a 50 mile radius of me are out of stock as well

t1m1t

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2011
How hard are you guys pressing to get it to click?

Not hard at all... I'm barely tapping it. It's louder when I lightly press the top left and bottom right corners of the screen at the same time when holding the phone with two hands(using thumbs to press)

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Not hard at all... I'm barely tapping it. It's louder when I lightly press the top left and bottom right corners of the screen at the same time when holding the phone with two hands(using thumbs to press)

Yeah that's not good. I'd take it in to a genius.

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
When running my finger across the bottom left corner of the phone, I can very distinctly feel the screen is not flush with the body like it is on my 6s+. Along with the audible clicking, this concerns me when it comes to water resistance.

mustu

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2011
oh guys my screen does not click but for there is a click when i try to with a mild twist....
[doublepost=1474363112][/doublepost]but honestly i am going to live with it. I also have a super tiny micro speck of dust in the screen that i don't think was there.... but i am going to live with that as well as i can barley notice it. My screen is superb else.... colours and temperature fantastic.... no dust in camera so that is all good :)

t1m1t

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2011
I made an appointment with the Genius Bar to see if there's anything going on in the inside of the phone. The apple employee checked out the sound and said he could hear it. As soon as he heard it he signed up to meet with a technician. Hopefully it gets fixed

mydogeatsbeats

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
I also have this problem ! (7 plus) anyone tried to fix this with the screws on the bottom? Would it lose its warranty?

t1m1t

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2011
I also have this problem ! (7 plus) anyone tried to fix this with the screws on the bottom? Would it lose its warranty?

I don't think loosening the screw would void warranty, but I'm pretty sure opening up the phone will.

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
I don't think loosening the screw would void warranty, but I'm pretty sure opening up the phone will.
Not only would opening the phone void your warranty, but it would also destroy the water resistance of the phone. Why not exchange it or have Apple take a look?

Reactions: t1m1t

Stevendiep

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2015
My phone also has the clicking sounds

Check out the video below guys, it is going viral now :))

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.