Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you have the issue in this thread?

• Total voters

harveyl12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2017
Hi,

I am asking if anyone on here with an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus can do a quick test to see if they get a repeat of my issue.

The issue is to do with the app switcher/recent apps page.

iPhone 7 Issue - If you have 1 app open and click into this app, now double tap the home button to open recent apps and you should see the bottom app dock bar change colour and does a colour glitch for a second. Also when you click to go back to the home screen the top bar with the network information takes second to show which it doesn't on other iPhones.

iPhone 7 Plus issue - If you have just the settngs app open and click into this app, now double tap the home button to open recent apps and you should see the bottom app dock bar change colour and does a colour glitch for a second.

These are very similar issues but the iPhone 7 Plus only does this glitch from the settings app and the iPhone 7 does it form every app. The glitch is more and less noticeable with different backgrounds/wallpapers but the transparency goes and makes it total solid colour but a different colour.

I have tested 2 of each phones and they have the same issue as each other so i am wanting to know if anyone else has noticed this issue or has the same issues. So please can you test this on your phones and let me know the results just so i know it is the norm for these phones and i have nothing to worry about.

You can see an video here in this link which just shows a video of the glitch (focus on the bottom app dock) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkjj6lccnf5kce7/received_1862772607082223.mp4?dl=0

Thanks,

Harvey

Susurs

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
7 Plus - yes, but hardly even noticable - 0. something seconds.

harveyl12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2017
I didn't bother with the video. Latest OS.
If you watch the video you can see the issue and then look for it yourself, I just wouldn't think that 5 phones have the issue and your one doesn't... doesn't make sense, apple charge premium prices and there are still issues, surely people should test this

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
If you watch the video you can see the issue and then look for it yourself, I just wouldn't think that 5 phones have the issue and your one doesn't... doesn't make sense, apple charge premium prices and there are still issues, surely people should test this
Ok, I watched your video.
  1. Yes, my device does this.
  2. No, I don't care.
  3. I don't force quit all of my apps b/c there's no reason to. It's actually better if you don't.
  4. This doesn't qualify as an "issue." It affects absolutely nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

harveyl12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2017
Ok, I watched your video.
  1. Yes, my device does this.
  2. No, I don't care.
  3. I don't force quit all of my apps b/c there's no reason to. It's actually better if you don't.
  4. This doesn't qualify as an "issue." It affects absolutely nothing.

Okay thank you for confirming, I'm only bringing it up to see if its a wide display issue or not.
I didn't say i cared i was curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011

It's just a small visual hiccup which occurs under very niche circumstances. A bit of an overreaction, really. It doesn't affect anything and it'll get sorted if Apple are made aware.

Report the bug here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Reactions: willmtaylor

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi,

I am asking if anyone on here with an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus can do a quick test to see if they get a repeat of my issue.

The issue is to do with the app switcher/recent apps page.

iPhone 7 Issue - If you have 1 app open and click into this app, now double tap the home button to open recent apps and you should see the bottom app dock bar change colour and does a colour glitch for a second. Also when you click to go back to the home screen the top bar with the network information takes second to show which it doesn't on other iPhones.

iPhone 7 Plus issue - If you have just the settngs app open and click into this app, now double tap the home button to open recent apps and you should see the bottom app dock bar change colour and does a colour glitch for a second.

These are very similar issues but the iPhone 7 Plus only does this glitch from the settings app and the iPhone 7 does it form every app. The glitch is more and less noticeable with different backgrounds/wallpapers but the transparency goes and makes it total solid colour but a different colour.

I have tested 2 of each phones and they have the same issue as each other so i am wanting to know if anyone else has noticed this issue or has the same issues. So please can you test this on your phones and let me know the results just so i know it is the norm for these phones and i have nothing to worry about.

You can see an video here in this link which just shows a video of the glitch (focus on the bottom app dock) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkjj6lccnf5kce7/received_1862772607082223.mp4?dl=0

Thanks,

Harvey
The dock color flash glitch when using the app switcher with a single app open is something that's there for any device as I recall with iOS 10. There's another thread that discusses it somewhere.

harveyl12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2017
Thank you for the link to report the issue, I understand there can be problems when developing software (its not in any means easy) I just wanted to ask if other people had noticed it, that is all.

Thanks for all responses

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.