Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jmail

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2018
I've searched, but have not found anyone else with this same series of issues.

My iPhone 7+ suddenly went to the Apple logo screen, I pressed a few buttons and got it back to the home screen. Moments later it went back to the apple logo, home screen, apple logo....then black.

I tried all of the tips to restart/reset, but nothing will wake it up. There is one thing that gets a result though; If I plug it in to my computer and hold down the side button and volume down, then release the side button the computer will recognize the iPhone. It will then prompt me with a message saying that the phone is going into recovery mode and needs to be restored. When this process starts the iPhone will go from black to the apple logo. The only problem is that it results in a 4005 error every time I try to restore. I've tried it on both my iMac and macbook. Apple support was no help, and just told me to send it in at an estimated cost of $350.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Or does it sound like I will in fact have to send it in?

Thank you very much for any input.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.