Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

porscherain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
iPhone 7 in 2015 BMW 235i disconnects from Bluetooth after steaming audio for 10 seconds. Once disconnected, iOS no longer sees the vehicle's BT source. The only recourse is to forget the device in Settings and repair with the vehicle. I've isolated iOS as not the key issue (iPhone SE works fine on the same 10.0.1, so did my prior phone 6S).

Apple had me swap out the device at the store; the same thing is occurring on the new iP7. Anyone with the new device able to stream audio without issues?

Last edited:

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
iPhone 7 in 2015 BMW 235i disconnects from Bluetooth after steaming audio for 10 seconds. Once disconnected, iOS no longer sees the vehcile's BT source. The only recourse is to forget the device in Settings and repair with the vehicle. I've isolated iOS as not the key issue (iPhone SE works fine on the same 10.0.1, so did my prior phone 6S).

Apple had me swap out the device at the store; the same thing is occurring on the new iP7. Anyone with the new device able to stream audio without issues?

The symptoms you are describing I experienced in the iOS 10 Beta program with my 6+.

My iPhone 7+ is paired with my VW Touareg and I listened to music on the way to work (30 min drive) with no problems.

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
Had the same issues with my iPhone 6 Plus when connected to my cars hands free Bluetooth kit. I downgraded to iOS 9 and the issue is fixed.

Reactions: nrose101

0gravity

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
I noticed it works fine when you don't unlock your phone. The second you unlock it the track stops playing.

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
iPhone 7 in 2015 BMW 235i disconnects from Bluetooth after steaming audio for 10 seconds. Once disconnected, iOS no longer sees the vehicle's BT source. The only recourse is to forget the device in Settings and repair with the vehicle. I've isolated iOS as not the key issue (iPhone SE works fine on the same 10.0.1, so did my prior phone 6S).

Perhaps they changed the Bluetooth stack for the new iPhone? When iOS 7 came out, I had to have BMW update the Bluetooth software in my E46 330ci as my then-new iPhone 5s had a similar issue- your M235i most assuredly can be similarly updated- perhaps that will fix the issue?

jtwlbz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2014

are you verizon?

0gravity

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
I already have the latest firmware on my idrive. I even went into the dealer and had them do a bluetooth controller update.

Markarian421

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2005
SFBay
I was just checking the forums to see if anyone else was having Bluetooth problems. Traded in my 6s+ running 10.0 for a 7+ running 10.0.1. Nothing that severe, but in my Toyota the Bluetooth controls are now very laggy and unreliable. The description will sometimes change to "streaming audio" instead of track descriptions (I think the stereo controls stopped working entirely when that happened but it kept playing). And sometimes it skips to the next song after playing 20-30 seconds of a song. I thought I had corrupt song files at first, but they play just fine over headphones, I only have trouble on Bluetooth. It seems like the Bluetooth software in the 7's might be a little buggy.

0gravity

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
I just installed the new iOS 10.1 Beta on my iPhone7 hoping it would fix the issue and I can confirm it has NOT fixed the issue. I will say Spotify stays on now though.

TitsLegendary

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
I'm having a similar issue with my 7+ and iOS 10.1
It seems as though the connection issues are only with my 2014 F150 and the Ford Sync system. When I connect to any number of other bluetooth speakers and headphones the connection seems fine with no stutters or disconnects. The time I notice it most is when calls are coming in or when I'm leaving my home and wifi is disconnecting due to a weak signal since I'm driving away. I'm not sure why the issue but it's very annoying. I have a 6s on 9.3.3 and I don't have any of these issues.

Reactions: Statusnone88

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
iPhone 7+ on 10.0.2 disconnects from my 2016 Mustang with Sync 3 all the time. I have to go back into Bluetooth settings and reconnect the phone. It's awful.
[doublepost=1474936753][/doublepost]
I'm having a similar issue with my 7+ and iOS 10.1
It seems as though the connection issues are only with my 2014 F150 and the Ford Sync system. When I connect to any number of other bluetooth speakers and headphones the connection seems fine with no stutters or disconnects. The time I notice it most is when calls are coming in or when I'm leaving my home and wifi is disconnecting due to a weak signal since I'm driving away. I'm not sure why the issue but it's very annoying. I have a 6s on 9.3.3 and I don't have any of these issues.

See above. I don't think it's Sync. It seems to be the phone.

Reactions: shareemx

bcharleson

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
I can confirm I have the same issue with a 7+ running iOS 10.1 dev build. Bluetooth cuts out (but doesn't disconnect) in my 04 Dodge

ahan.tm

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2011
Florida
I had issues with selecting tracks on my 2016 328i and my 7+. I would select a track and then enable "Random", but then all the tracks in the queue would disappear and it would say "No Entries". It randomly started working the next day. This has happened twice.

I've also had the phone disconnect 2-3 times, but disabling and reenabling Bluetooth in the BMW solved the issue. I had no issues with my 6s+ and the iOS 10 Beta. Hopefully a new update from BMW and/or  will fix the issue.

joudbren

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
That's what I was saying. It seems to be the 7+.

Same for me with 7+ and new 2017 Escape Titanium with Sync 3. Random disconnects from Bluetooth and laggy controls. Also getting choppy audio on some bluetooth calls in the car according to my clients. Didn't happen on my iPhone 7 which I recently exchanged for the iPhone 7 plus. Cheers!

shareemx

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2016
Same problem as soon as I updated to 10 on my 6s. 2015 Ford Explorer, not sure what version of SYNC I have. Have yet to find a fix...

FloridaGary

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2014
Same here. iPhone 7 on iOS 10.02 should automatically connect and play when I open car door of my Tesla Model S. I always have to manually hit play on my cars display screen to begin playing a podcast or music from my phone.

shareemx

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2016
Same here. iPhone 7 on iOS 10.02 should automatically connect and play when I open car door of my Tesla Model S. I always have to manually hit play on my cars display screen to begin playing a podcast or music from my phone.

I really hope we get a fix soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.