Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JacksonCraig94

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Derbyshire, UK
Does anyone here think that Apple will ship the iPhone 7 with a 2m USB to lightning cable instead of the 1m cable? I have a feeling it could be possible for Apple to do this as the iPad Pro ships with the 2m one. I think it would be amazing if Apple starts shipping the iPhone 7 with the 2m cable. 1m is just far too short for most people including me. I find myself having to sit so close to my plug socket otherwise my cable starts breaking. I really hope that Apple also upgrade the outer protection cable. It always splits and it can become so dangerous to use the cable. I think the iPhone 7 needs to be shipped with the 2m USB to lighting and with the same outer cable as the MacBooks charger. (Slightly more tougher)

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Sadly it will be the same.. though honestly at some point I could see them going the route of Nintendo.. no longer including plugs with their handheld devices.

JacksonCraig94

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
Derbyshire, UK
Sadly it will be the same.. though honestly at some point I could see them going the route of Nintendo.. no longer including plugs with their handheld devices.
If Apple started shipping their devices without plugs I would not be happy and I'm pretty sure other Apple fans would not be happy about it either. I'm shocked that Nintendo actually do that.

Reactions: tkukoc

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
If Apple started shipping their devices without plugs I would not be happy and I'm pretty sure other Apple fans would not be happy about it either. I'm shocked that Nintendo actually do that.
I'm just saying, I could see it at some point. I'm surprised they still include them now when you consider how many of their devices are on the market. I hope it doesn't happen but again, I could see it. When Nintendo did it, they took some heat at first but now it's just normal.. though I completely dislike it. :(

Reactions: JacksonCraig94
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.