Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkExistence

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 11, 2016
Yes, I know the iPhone 7 is out tomorrow and yes, I know that many people have posted this many times but I have decided to post what my dummy looks like, and give a few opinions, my opinions! :)

The iPhone 7 will launch tomorrow, September 7th. I decided to give this dummy a quick look over and then I (hopefully) will be able to compare it to the one that is launching tomorrow!

First things first, this dummy has no headphone jack. At the bottom there are two speakers and the lighting port. I have to say it does look pretty strange not seeing the headphone jack anywhere on the phone, it just looks.. plain? Hopefully the rumors of the past few days are inaccurate which state that the second speaker slot will only be for looks and won’t actually have a use.

On the back, the antenna lines have changed. Rather then going straight across the back and on the top and bottom like the old iPhone 6 and 6s did, the iPhone 7 has them only going across the top and bottom only. My question is will this affect signal quality in any way since they are removing two of the plastic parts where the signal gets through. There is a camera hump, a lot bigger then the one on the 6s which is a bad thing. It is unsteady on tables due to this. The apple logo on the back is also shiny on this dummy unit.

On the front everything basically looks the same. The camera, proximity sensor etc are all in the same place and it doesn’t look like the bezels got any smaller either. On this unit the home button is still clicky and isn’t capacitive like some reports have been saying. The sides of the device are also the exact same.

As for internal specs, camera specs etc, we will have to wait until tomorrow to hear about that.

Overall for the design, its meh. Not that much of an upgrade from the iPhone 6s which may or may not be a good/bad thing. Really, I think the iPhone 8 is going to be the one that everybody will be looking forward too!

IMG_20160906_200921.jpg IMG_20160906_200953.jpg IMG_20160906_201003.jpg IMG_20160906_201009.jpg IMG_20160906_201023.jpg IMG_20160906_201035.jpg

DarkExistence

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 11, 2016
i personally like the design more than the 6(s). can't wait to see whats inside and if the haptic home button is real or not!
it does look more refined, but it is really similar in hand feel which is quite annoying lol. Internals and haptic feedback will definitely be interesting though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.