Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
USA
Just received this case from Amazon (https://amzn.com/B01JORFOEQ), and it's pretty much as described. Super thin (.3mm) - won't be providing much protection other than from scratches, which is exactly why I ordered it. I'm very happy.
IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Just received this case from Amazon (https://amzn.com/B01JORFOEQ), and it's pretty much as described. Super thin (.3mm) - won't be providing much protection other than from scratches, which is exactly why I ordered it. I'm very happy.
View attachment 655548 View attachment 655550 View attachment 655551

-How's grip? More or less than no case?
-is it a soft flexible materiel or stiff (will it crease if bent)?

I like the look a lot. Will go perfect with an e2e screen protector. Can't decide if I want solid black or frost for my matte black phone.

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
USA
-How's grip? More or less than no case?
-is it a soft flexible materiel or stiff (will it crease if bent)?

I like the look a lot. Will go perfect with an e2e screen protector. Can't decide if I want solid black or frost for my matte black phone.
The grip seems identical to the naked iPhone.
The material is flexible, but I have a feeling it might crease if you went out of your way in trying to fold it while not on the phone.

I'm really happy with this, especially for the price. I usually go "naked" with my phones but thought I'd give something like this a shot. I also have some cheap glass screen protectors sitting in the mailroom that I'll be applying tonight, also from Amazon.

mdeano

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Kentucky
View attachment 655548 View attachment 655550 View attachment 655551
Man I ordered the frosted one to put on my Matt black but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't of went with the black seems it looks 2 toned. Guess I'll finds out tomorrow when the frosted arrives.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Man I ordered the frosted one to put on my Matt black but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't of went with the black seems it looks 2 toned. Guess I'll finds out tomorrow when the frosted arrives.
Post some pics of the frost on the black phone. I was wondering how Thay would look.

jev425

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Seattle, WA
Just got this as well. The black looks really good on the matte color. Love that it's so small but have to keep in mind if it falls that it won't do much to protect the phone. I'd definitely like to see the frost case as well

mdeano

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Kentucky
Just got this as well. The black looks really good on the matte color. Love that it's so small but have to keep in mind if it falls that it won't do much to protect the phone. I'd definitely like to see the frost case as well
I'll take some pictures when mine arrives. The more I think about it the black might be the better one but we'll see.
[doublepost=1474442163][/doublepost]
Post some pics of the frost on the black phone. I was wondering how Thay would look.
I will. Looks like it's to be delivered today.

Reactions: jev425

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
USA
While I'm not sure it makes much a difference, Elago's website lists this case as being .3mm:
upload_2016-9-21_10-38-40.png

Regardless, these cases aren't meant to provide much protection from anything other than scratches and maybe a few nicks here and there.

mdeano

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Kentucky
Looks like it's gonna be a bit before I upload pics. The case they sent me didn't fit. Oddly it fit fine in all the places that needed changed from the 6 to the 7. The problem was the case wouldn't fit on the device at all. One corner would not go on. It's just a bit to small. I emailed Elago and waiting on a response.

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
USA
Looks like it's gonna be a bit before I upload pics. The case they sent me didn't fit. Oddly it fit fine in all the places that needed changed from the 6 to the 7. The problem was the case wouldn't fit on the device at all. One corner would not go on. It's just a bit to small. I emailed Elago and waiting on a response.
Did the package include an insert explaining that they were made based on excpected dimensions?

Mine is a tight fit, but it fit.

jev425

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Seattle, WA
Mine was a tight fit getting on as well and even harder to get off. The last couple corners to go in is what was hardest. I think it is that way because it "hugs" the phone around the curved edges and up against the screen.

Elisha

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2006
Lipless cases tend to be very hard to get on. And they're not meant to be taken off unless you want it to break or have stretch marks.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
How does the frost look with the black phone?

mdeano

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Kentucky
I finally got it on but it's got a defect in the frosting that just absolutely makes it look bad. Not even worth the photos and the frost does not look that good. In fact it makes the thing look a dull gray on that back and totally frosted on the sides. And it's not fitting right.

Reactions: jev425
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.